Bachmann E-Z Command Controller 36-500.

Snikledj

Hi.
Have just killed my E-Z controller by mistakenly removing track feeds while powered on.
16v ac going in but no lights on controller which was inherited and working fine.
Bachmann advised me that the unit is non-repairable which I find hard to believe.
Does anyone know of a repairer ?
Thanks, Dave.

yep, trash can. I had one i used and it would never let me change the cv for the address number. I saved it for a backup when i bought a Digitax dcc unit. Had all my addresses no issue but the dcc unit died for some reason. The Company fixed it but while i waited for it i took out my old bachmann unit and it was doa. Fixed it, trash can!!

I don't know an honourable repair shop that wouldn't insist on at least $60 just to take a look at it. After that, you might see another $30-$60 before they return it to you repaired. You should be able to pick up a new on from eBay for quite a bit less.

The EZ-Command system is a DCC system in name only. Yeah, it does control decoders, but it misses a great deal. You can't set CV's 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, and I'm not even sure you can alter the Master Volume. At least, that's what I found when I ordered one back in 2006. I used it maybe one hour and took it back to the store. I have been using a 5 amp Super Empire Builder from Digitrax ever since, a system that hasn't met a decoder it can't spank.

Thank you Guys.
Saved me a lot of time, trouble and expense as I was about to purchase a second hand one off of eBay.
Appreciated.

Back