Bachman Spectrum 2-10-2 problems

jerry

KCS Fan
I just bought a Bachman Spectrum 2-10-2 with DCC. I changed the address and ran it for about 10 min. then it just quit. :( I can controll the head light function but nothing else. I tried programming it back to the default "03" but still nothing. I'm running a Digitrax system. Any ideas on where to start ?:confused:

Jerry

Jerry,

What kind of decoder is in it? You may have to reset it back to it's factory defaults. It is just possible it lost it's info. Other than that, you may have a bad decoder.

Bob A.

It came DCC equipt but no instructions on resetting it. I don't know what decoder Bachman uses.

Jerry

Larry,

Place the engine on a programming track and see if CV8= 99. If it does then change CV8 = 33. That should reset the decoder to the factory default.

In talking to a couple of people we believe that the Bachmann decoders are made by Lenz. If this one is, then this should get you back to normal. If you want more info on recovering decoders Go on to Tony's Train Exchange Web site at http://www.tonystrains.com/technews/dec_rescue.htm. Hope this helps

Bob A.

Bob,

That did it. Worked like a charm. I went to the web site and printed off the tips from Tony's. Thanks,

Jerry

Yes, the current Spectrums use Lenz decoders. However, it's obvious that Bachmann is dissatisfied with them, because they announced a partnership with SoundTraxx to produce decoder/sound "on board" HO scale locomotives.

I had a 2-10-2 and had nothing but problems with it. I returned it and will probably never get another BS - I've had more problems with their equipment than all others combined!

Back