B&M 40' Milk Car

Ernie

So this past weekend I did something I have not done for about 34 years; I worked on a model railroad project! Since I am still planning the layout, I figured I would start on some of the rolling stock. I selected this kit for no other reasons than it would fit my theme and it was a unique subject.

50335367823_29708801ce_k.jpg

This looks like a pretty decent kit so this should be fun!

50345226308_1cc1cfa9d8_k.jpg

I added some square Evergreen to the corners to help align and square up the ends and the same for the sides to help keep the sides from flexing in brfore the roof was added.

50345262883_6297d8c1c9_k.jpg

The roof is just taped into place to check the fit at the moment, I will glue that later. No big hurry, the trucks and couplers are on order, and I still need to order the paint for it as well, so just kind of bopping along.

There are plenty of kits out there. My LHS has tons of kits available.
Yup! There are a lot of kits out there, just have to find the right place. My now shuttered LHS had hundreds. The one that I now visit has some, but not nearly enough. The difference is the clientele. The one that I now have to visit is in an "elite" part of Dallas, where the customers are more interested in instant gratification. My old one (owner retired) mostly sold to an older retired crowd who didn't mind putting some time and effort into building a freight car.

Last edited:

Back