Autumns Ridge......Reborn!

pcarrell

Just a guy
IT LIVES!!!!!!!

Finally, after 10 months of construction, the Autumns Ridge Railway & Navigation Co. is back in business! We moved to a new home last October and the old layout had to be completely dismantled. I've been rebuilding in my spare time (what little there is) ever since.

It's not much, but one lone loco was seen passing through the staging yard and out to the interchange and back all under it's own power just this afternoon. Little else happened today, but that was a monumentous occasion. A local photographer caught this low quality video of the event.

Plans are now underway to test all track and to fine tune it before the next stage of construction begins; more track and electrical work!

Ain't it grand, seeing a train traverse the entire length of a long n' winding mainline you just finished laying! Now for those Maine snow scenes...

Yeah, about those snow scenes........I've been thinking about changing the season on that. The snow, while it would be cool (no pun intended), looks like a maintinance nightmare. I'm leaning towards fall now.

Very impressive. It's come a long way since I saw the plan.

And you cleared something up for me. Back when I was in California I hung out (and skied) with a guy from New England. He would saw how lucky we were and told me of the blue snow back home.

I thought he was talking about patches of ice on the slopes. But now I see it was a bit more pervasive.

Philip, I looked at all of your images. Wow! A few miles to go, but you are making such good progress. An interesting layout, too. Will you stick to foam, or change to goop and cloth, cardboard and plaster....?

-Crandell

Philip, I looked at all of your images. Wow! A few miles to go, but you are making such good progress. An interesting layout, too. Will you stick to foam, or change to goop and cloth, cardboard and plaster....?

-Crandell

Thanks Crandall!

I'm kind of on the fence about the scenery base. I've always used plaster soaked paper towels, but foam looks tempting. Any suggestions?

I thought so.

I ordered it on Monday and it was on my doorstep a few days later too. I used three rolls (well, I have a little left over).

Back