Autorack modelers!

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
I have a dilemma... I own one Custom Rail, Tri-level auto rack, and parked next to a Walthers Bi-level (or tri-level), Accurail 89' flat, or Walthers 89' flat, it sits noticeably high. But the thing I don't get is the coupler pocket comes out just about the same.

What I'm getting at, the main question, is the Custom Rail car too high? Is there a prototype, tri-level, or bi-level at the higher height? Or is the matching coupler pocket just compensating for the higher height?

Here's an example, Custom Rail car to the left, Walthers to the right.
autoracks.jpg

Doesn't say, but from the looks of it, both have 33". I thought only the Walther's tri-level was on 28's. I'll have to look into this one.

Oh, it sure is! The coupler boxes are at the same height which isn't a problem, its the deck & roof line!

Well, for what it's worth, the Custom Rail autorack seems to be sitting WAY TOO HIGH...

The custon Rail one is to high in my book, pretty sure it should be on 28" wheels and the body look s higher than it should be, only way is to check both with a scale rule, i suspect the coupler pocket is placed at the correct height irelevent of where the body sit's

Well so far, the reply I got on MFCL is that it's too high, and requires 28" wheels. High five on that one Steve! Now to find some metal 28" wheels on plastic axles.

Thanks guys. I'm still not completely sure on the Bi-level's having 33" wheels, I'm getting allot of conflicting reports there.

Back