Automobiles

Quincyl

Since I am thinking about modeling N scale in the thirties and forties I will need automobiles and trucks from that era in bulk. I am not seeing any of these in my searches. Can anyone offer any advice please? Thank you all in advance. Q

Pray??? I am a collector of automobiles, but in HO scale. Thankfully I model the transition era set in 1957. Plenty available. Jordan made vehicles in HO scale for your time period, but they are now out of business. I am not aware of any company that makes much for the pre-war period. You may have to look into 3-D printing.

Pray??? I am a collector of automobiles, but in HO scale. Thankfully I model the transition era set in 1957. Plenty available. Jordan made vehicles in HO scale for your time period, but they are now out of business. I am not aware of any company that makes much for the pre-war period. You may have to look into 3-D printing.
Thanks for the reply. Can you elaborate about 3D printing Please? Say l want a 1940 ford, Where do I get the plans to tell the printer what to make?

I am not that familiar with 3-D printing but there have been a number of articles about it. I would suggest searching for "3D printing for model railroads". There was a company that sold 3D printed vehicles in N scale but being that I am in HO I didn't pay much attention.

Check out the vendor Mad About Cars on the Shapeways website. They have the 3D printed 1940 Ford you were looking for.
But, 3D printing is still a slow expensive process, so these models will not work for cheap vehicles purchased in bulk.

They are cheaper as a one piece model with no interior:

Here's a few more that might be of interest.

Here's a few 1936 Buicks and Chevys:

Last edited:
Neat! But up until about the 10th of July I might have had trouble seeing them. :( Had the cataract on the right eye removed on the 7th, so now I have a matched set. Still, I think I'll stick with HO scale autos...just because I have over 65 years worth of HO scale stuff, and I'm not about to change now! But, ah, the modern technology that can make those 3D N-scale cars! 😎

You might try searching E-Bay for Classic Metal Works N scale cars. Some of their earliest N scale offerings (long since discontinued) were 1940's cars including a 41 Plymouth coupe, 46-48 Ford woody wagon and 46-48 Ford convertible. The Fords could also pass as 41-42 models with a little rework of the grille.

Meanwhile, a search on E-bay turned up this group of three cars:

Back