Auto reverser on DCC layout

Good evening and Merry Christmas!!

For those of you who happen to be about and haven't quite joined in the festivities. I was hoping to get some help on auto reverse looping. I have one reverse loop on my layout that requires an auto reverser. Is possible to use the same auto reverser on two loop as I have a turntable on the opposite end of that loop track that I believe will also be regarded as a reverse loop?

as far as i know, turntables do not require a loop controller as the have polarity reversal dependant on swing built in to them ..

Chef....I haven't seen many turntables in action, even at train shows. But, there are turntables that handle the reverse loop situations and others that don't and require additional wiring. A friend's turntable requires manual reversing of the feeds.

Certainly any home brewed turntable needs a auto-reverser.

Here's a good video with a Walthers turntable.

Usually its wise to have one reversing unit for each section of reversing track.

Greg

Hi Greg thanks for the post and Merry Christmas! I will wire it up and see what happens. This turntable was used on an old dc layout I never had any issue with reverse polarity if memory serves me well. I have purchased an auto reverser incase and see how it goes.
Chef

as far as i know, turntables do not require a loop controller as the have polarity reversal dependant on swing built in to them ..
I think you may be correct in my case anyway as I examined the the wiring more closely and realised that the turntable rotates over two stationary cooper strips. thus polarity never changes. Thanks for the heads up!

Chef....I haven't seen many turntables in action, even at train shows. But, there are turntables that handle the reverse loop situations and others that don't and require additional wiring. A friend's turntable requires manual reversing of the feeds.

Certainly any home brewed turntable needs a auto-reverser.

Here's a good video with a Walthers turntable.

Usually its wise to have one reversing unit for each section of reversing track.

Greg

Back