attention: stolen modeltrains HO

grove den

naturally natural trees
Don't know if this is the right place but I read on an European( german) forum about the theft of 2 very very expensive modeltrains in scale HO
The 2 trains are USA types: a steam engine and a gasturbine engine ..I post this message because it is possible that the thiefs will try to sell on ebay in your country!
http://www.us-convention-brd.de/Diebstahl.htm
Hope the picture are sharp enough to show how they look like...
They were stolen in Germany during the evening and they think it could be one of the "members" :mad: who was also among the conventionvisitors...

Jos

add a picture of the gasturbineengine.. and I am not shure about wich steamengine( big boy!) it was...they show many big boys on that website of the" US convention" If you want a closer look how they built US modelrailroads in Europe just click on this: http://www.nexusboard.de/showthread.php?siteid=2408&threadid=301110
and don't forget to look at the bottom of that post: part1 ,2 ,3 ,and 4!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's a UP Big Boy and UP Gas Turbine. I assume these were stolen in Germany. Do you know the maker of these models? That will help to keep an eye on e-bay for anything showing up from Europe from those makers. Too bad about the theft. Was this a break-in or were they stolen at a show?

OK, but what companies actually made the eingines? That will allow us to search for the specific manufacturer instead of the engine name, since there were several manufacturers of both the Big Boy and Gas Turbine.

That turbine, if HO scale, was one of 3, Lionel, OMI, or Alco Models. I dunno if there were more, but...

what companies actually made the eingines??

charakteristischsten Loks, der Wechselstrom-Märklin-Insider BigBoy # 4013 und die Lionel Gasturbinenlok "Veranda" #61

Jos

I'll keep an eye out, that Märklin-Insider Big Boy has to be a rare bird. Too bad these things happen but that's happens at shows if you don't have enough security now. :(

Back