ATT Locomotives?

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
Anyone have any experince with ATT lovomotives? I recently picked up an ATT ALCo C-415, and will be repowering and re-trucking the unit, hopefully with atlas running gear. I see a few issues though, the unit uses a standing tower single truck drive, with electrical coming from the other truck. There is a mounting screw directly in the center, blocking the addition of the new motor, but I can cut that out, the major issue then being securing the hoods & cab. Also, in the tight confines of the hood, I'll have to squeeze in a decoder, and new lighting.

Anyone ever try this? Or is is possible to stick to the single truck drive, with a new motor?

Well upon some deep searching of the net, I happened to find ONE reference to the ATT C415:
http://storm.simpson.edu/mjdomo.archives/archived-rits/msg00209.html

Seems like quite a hidden, but yet the best example of a C415 in my mind. In a reply, a user stated they went with self powered trucks. Upon looking at NWSL's PDT trucks I'm thinking I'll go with two of them. This allows for the hoods to house the Decoder, and more weight. Now to customize it...

Josh

The C415, Q&HS #1500 is taking shape. Yellow & red patches on the SP text, with a slightly darker shade of grey over the yellow patches & SP Text on the long hood. RR rebuilt pilots from an EMD, with extended anti-climbers, and soon, new ditch lights. MU, AC, a new brake wheel (from and old SD40) and new airhorns. Now to work on the number boards, handrails, ditchlights, and antenna's. Then the new trucks, & DCC...

Back