ATSF LA Division, 2nd District. The Cucamonga, Pasadena and East LA RR (HO scale)

Hope you're not putting roadbed on industrial sidings & spurs. Santa Fe & most other RRs did not do that!

Hi Andy,

On the urban area all tracks are on the same level as in the prototype for Pasadena, whereas on one spur marginally outside the urban area in order to depict what you described, i placed the spur on 2mm cork instead of 5mm for the mainline.

Hi all,

Update on the layout's progress. I finished work on the fascia and the control panels for the turnouts. They were made out of styrene, painted with hammered effect paint and acrylics. Paint was heavily brush painted in order to achieve a more "rough" industrial look on the panels similar to the one i saw in photos of F7 dashboards/interiors/panels. I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

Primed Panel
Panel1w.jpg
Painted basic color
Panel2w.jpg
Panels everywhere...
Panel3w.jpg
A row of panels installed w/o labels on yet.
Panel5w.jpg
Final result on a completed panel
Panel4.jpg

Hi all,

Small update on the Pasadena RR. I focused on a couple of modules depicting South Pasadena. The focus of the scene posted here is on the Fair Oaks avenue bridge. The bridge is scratchbuilt and the piers are also scratch/kitbashed based on parts from a Vollmer truss bridge and some other parts. I am working on trees now and the structures for the two modules. Here are some photos of the progress.

I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!

FairOaks01.jpgFairOaks1.jpgFairOaks5.jpgFairOaks7.jpg

Hi all and happy thanksgiving for yesterday!

Quick update on the LA, Pasadena and Cucamonga RR...

I finished work on some trees, including a foreground (ish) Elm tree and a couple of Palm trees.

I hope you like them and thanks in advance for your replies!

Yannis

SmallForest2.jpgForegroundTree2.jpgPalmC1.jpgPalmW1.jpg

Ya sass, Yannis!
After an absence of quite a while, I’ve just caught up with your progress, you have done really well.
I like your layout and locale very much.
Cheers,
John

Back