Atlas RS3

happyjose

Engineers: This is my week for problems. I just got two Atlas RS3s and I need help getting the shells off without breaking them all apart. One has a bright headlight and the other is dim. Id like to see what happening under the hood. On the bottom of the chassis are numbers 37701. Id like to know where to PRYto get those shells off. There must be "tabs" somewhere holding the darn things on. Thanks Happy Jose

Hi Jose, welcome to the Model Railroad Forums. It doesn't seem like you have too much to be happy about, first the short in the decapods and now this. Since your RS3 is under warranty it would be better for you to take it to the shop where you purchased it and ask them to have a look. It would also be better not to void the warranty by dismantling it on your own.

Cheers Willis

there are tabs at each end of the shell. Gently squeeze the long hood end near the end and lift up. Remove the handrails from the cab and do the same there as you did on the other end. As for the light issue, no clue here.

Hi Jose,

I have recently put a decoder in my RS-3 and had no problem getting the shell off.
Remove the handrails from the cab, there are six tabs on the shell. See picture for location of tabs. The arrows point to the place where you can hold the shell on the long hood and the fueltank. Safest to hold the fueltank and walkway together, squeeze and wiggle the long hood carefully till it comes off. Walkway and hood are two seperate pieces.

Regards,

René

Back