Atlas Master Series Truck Washers

rreitz

Hi;

I have a few Atlas N scale Master Series freight cars and one of them took a header off the table. When it hit the floor the trucks and mounting pins separated and flew in separate directions. I found the trucks and pins but not the metal washers that go between the mounting pin and bolster. Without the washers the axles tend to rub on the coupler pocket a bit. I measured one from another car and they are ~ 0.016" thick. Does anyone know where I could find these N scale washers? I couldn't find them on the Atlas website. Thanks.

Hi;

I have a few Atlas N scale Master Series freight cars and one of them took a header off the table. When it hit the floor the trucks and mounting pins separated and flew in separate directions. I found the trucks and pins but not the metal washers that go between the mounting pin and bolster. Without the washers the axles tend to rub on the coupler pocket a bit. I measured one from another car and they are ~ 0.016" thick. Does anyone know where I could find these N scale washers? I couldn't find them on the Atlas website. Thanks.
I have several dozen Atlas freight cars, and none of them have washers on the trucks. Are you sure the trucks aren't Micro-Trains trucks? Those generally have shims in the truck kits, so the couplers don't interfere with the body of the car.

I have several dozen Atlas freight cars, and none of them have washers on the trucks. Are you sure the trucks aren't Micro-Trains trucks? Those generally have shims in the truck kits, so the couplers don't interfere with the body of the car.
They're Atlas Master Series freight cars with fine scale trucks. I would assume Atlas trucks since I bought them new. I made a spacer out of some scrap sheet metal from the guts of an old fax machine and the car now rolls okay (almost went blind making a washer that small:)). Was just checking to see if the correct washers are available. I sent an email to Atlas to see what they have to say.

Back