Atlas HO-15 "Minimum - sized twice around" expansion ideas

wayles3

Looking at adding an ovel to the outside of this track plan. Any ideas? I have the room and track. Do not want to add a wye and running DC. Any help......

Looking at adding an ovel to the outside of this track plan. Any ideas? I have the room and track. Do not want to add a wye and running DC. Any help......
An oval to the outside? Do you mean around the outside like double track, or just off to the side outside? If the later, why not just expand the existing track plan out into that space and make it a better layout?

It was suggested that I add a reversing loop to my track plan. It was said to add the Atlas #220 controller to this plan. It makes since. How do I wire this controller with the placement of the insulated rail joiners. Any pictures or diagrams would be helpful.

I installed the Atlas #220 controller. Everything works fine, except when the train comes back at the middle or center spur (where the (2) insulated joiners are.... the train stops. I was going by the picture off the #220 controller. The main line connection works fine. Any suggestions?

Back