ATLAS FM H24-66 Problem

Got my CP ATLAS FM H24-66 yesterday! Great packaging (!), nicely detailled locomotive and finally a great sound from the Quantum decoder !!! Best locomotive I ever got from ATLAS. :)
But with a little problem. Does anyone also receive his H26-66 (Sound-version)? I had twice the problem when placing the loco on the track the engine sound starts immediately (I've only a F0-F4 function DCC) but also with an constant cycle of air let-offs. When I turn the throttle nothing happens. I read out CV 1 and adress was "3". Then I reprogrammed this adress to "3" everything is o.k. now meaning that now the loco is doing everything well. I did this at the first test at my dealers DCC (ROCO) and now the same with my home system (Uhlenbrock).
Anyone else has this problem? :(

Hartmut

Saw them at the LHS, not ready to buy one yet, but i know he has sold at least two, without complaints. I know that not having functions above f4 might not allow you to do much, and maybe the decoder just needed to be recognized by your system.

Yesterday evening I tried it again and needed 5 times (programming, reset, removing the loco from the track,...) Finally it runs. Maybe it's time for me to buy a more comfortable DCC system with F0 - F12 since I ordered more locos with sound (LL, Athern,...) Hmmm... think I will give an order to Santa...

Hartmut

Hartmut,

I have noticed that on some of the lighter systems that there doesn't seem to be enough power going to the track to effectively program an engine. I know of one source that sells a booster to help the problem. However, upgrading to a larger system might be your best answer considering how much sound you are talking about.

You can check out Tony's train exchange web site for more details on the booster.

Back