Athearn RTR GP60M's

mikek

I have heard there is a place that sells the Athearn GP60M's BNSF for $69.99, where is a good place to get them on the Net? Locally is $90.00, a little high..

Internet Hobbies has a limited number of them for $79.99.... The problem I've run into is that the deepest discounters aren't Horizon dealers, so it's tough to find Net sellers these days....

Kennedy

I have heard that Horizon has excluded the deep discounters from its supply channel. Screw 'em. When sales lag enough, maybe they will come down off the mountain to we real people.

Found my local dealer had a GP60M and B unit for a special of $155 out the door. Santa Fe paint which is not hot in my area. Fortunately for me, it is my road.

Tried Ebay??

That's because the deep discounters usually don't have a brick and morter shop they have to support, and Horizon requires that you have a real store front.

When sales lag enough, maybe they will come down off the mountain to we real people
Hi duckdogger, well that may come true, however unless the local hobby shops have sales thay will close like so many have already. Believe me it is a hardship on a modeler when he has to obtain everything by postal delivery and at todays cost of mailing it cuts into the savings when buying online. I've bought on ebay got some real bargains and I've got a few duds in the bargain also. I figure with the moves by Athearn and LifeLike, that now there is an opening (niche) for someone to produce an acceptable model loco in kit form. Just an opinion
Cheers Willis

Back