Athearn Parts

AllenB

I can't seem to find anyone who makes parts for Athearn including from their own website. I'm looking for railing, lens and horns for an undecorated GP9. Any advice?
Thanks!

try this guy on ebay send him a email through ebay and tell him what you are looking for. he usually has it or can find it.

eBay My World: lhe2005( 3502)

Views: 1289 total Items for sale
Add to favorite sellers
Contact member

Listings
Kato Locomotive Drive Parts 1-Can Motor w/Flywheels NOS
US $20.95
Time Left: 17h 42m 00s Kato Loco Parts 2-Pair Draft Boxes w/ Couplers & Screws
US $3.95
Time Left: 17h 45m 51s Kato Locomotive Parts 1-SD40-2 H-Type Circuit Board NOS
US $3.95
Time Left: 17h 48m 52s *Miscellaneous Athearn Parts* 20-Metal Draft Box Clips*
US $13.83
Time Left: 18h 44m 45s Athearn Parts 6-Loco Light Assemblies 3 Different Types
US $5.95
Time Left: 19h 09m 42s View all items...View your eBay My World page Feedback earned for transactions on eBay
Positive Feedback: 100%
Feedback score: 3502
[How is Feedback calculated?]

Detailed Seller Ratings (last 12 months)

Criteria Average rating Number of ratings

Item as described 1416
Communication 1417
Shipping time 1416
Shipping and handling charges 1418

Latest Feedback See all

just perfect fast shipping very well packed hope to buy from again thank you. Feb-01-10 12:43Buyer: railroadking64(177) Item #: 120523115735
Great Seller, Everything was fine, Happy buyer, Thanks Feb-01-10 12:17Buyer: kebeker24(95)

Did you try the Horizon Hobby website? I've purchased Athearn parts directly from them before (Horizon owns Athearn).

Horizon may own Athearn, but when it comes to parts, it may be better to contact Athearn's parts department directly as Horizon doesn't deal directly with the parts (although they do have an athearn parts section on their website)

Since the blue box kits have been discontinued, I don't know if they will continue to stock parts for them.

omg, model railcraft has the amd103 fan grills in stock!!!! only place, not even athearn has them. i'll be able to finish my models at some point in time. lol

Before you order from model railcraft, search the forums for model railcraft.

There are many rants about their service (or lack thereof)

About model railcraft, if you see the item you want on their website, call them before you order to make sure its in stock. Otherwise you'll find out its on indefinite backorder and have to call and cancel the order and all you did was waste time. They are very helpful on the phone, but I don't believe their website is regularly updated.

I've taken wire railings from longer BB engines like an SD40-2 and modified them to fit shorter engines like a GP50. Could you do that or do you want plastic railings?

Perhaps you could modify the lenses, etc from another type of BB engine also?

Try Details West?

Back