Athearn Genesis Parts

beiland

Has anyone had experiences trying to get parts for an Athearn Genesis engine?

I recently purchased online a Genesis FP45 diesel loco in HO scale. The seller failed to tell me it was missing the fuel tank molding. Can I get one?

I wrote them an email asking about that part,...but since it is the weekend no response thus far.
I'm only a bit nervous about the situation seeing as how a number of manufacturers do NOT stock spare parts for their Chinese produced engines.

I wonder if any of the other fuel tanks from Athearn locos might fit this one?,...particularly ones fro older models of this FP45, even if they were not genesis models??

Thought I would give them a couple of days to respond before i phone. They are likely busy this time of the year.

I found this parts diagram,..
image-20201214231240-1.jpeg

image-20201214231339-2.jpeg

Appears in the diagram as a single part, ...but in the listing as individual parts.

If its a newer model Athearn should have the parts and I just ordered some parts from them and they arrived from Illinois in a matter of a few days.

Those air tanks break off very easy.

Greg

The air tanks on mine are OK.

Here is a photo of the fuel tank on another FP45 of mine. Its one piece, and this one had one of the filling nozzles broken off. BTW I rather doubt the non-genesis models would have these details?

1608079857566.jpeg

1608079910508.jpeg

1608079977271.png

The other thing to keep an eye on, on them, is those etched metal radiator grilles on the upper sides. They have a habit of just falling off. If the model came in it's box, secured by screws through the piece of MDF it's mounted on , the plastic tank, with it's tiny mounting screw, should be in a plastic packet in a recess in the foam packaging. Don't lose the screw when opening.

Thant is where the tank was that I took the photos of. It was missing on the one I purchased recently, so that why I emailed Athearn parts. Hope to hear yea or ney soon.

I bought that latest loco off of one of those HO Facebook sites. I am NOT happy with trying to contact the seller,...difficult to document the original ad, and contacting the seller.

Size of Tank

Looks like the tank I need needs to be about 3+3/16" long inside dimension to fit over metal projection/frame.
( I just measured that other tank I have and it looks to be 3.25" inside dimension exactly)

At just over 3.25" overall outside dimension that would be close to almost 24' feet long in HO scale??

Back