Arizona

azdiane

Hi,
My hubby and I are getting back to our HO roots after trying N scale for a little while. We have been looking at that back bedroom, and have finally decided it's time to start from scratch and build a little world for our Arizona Northland and Pacific Railroad. We are both busy people, so traintown won't be springing up in just a few weeks, but we have begun what we know will be a long but fun process. We live in a relatively remote part of Arizona, and so are largely dependent, as many folks are, on mail-order.

So far, before the first stick of benchwork, we have been collecting locomotives and rolling stock. We have close to a hundred cars that need weathering, coupler repair, truck upgrades, etc. We have about a dozen HO steam locomotives, ranging from pro-weathered and pro dcc/sound installed, to absolutely bare out of the box, and including a couple of not very pro weathered used locos that will need repainting. We will run light and medium steam, mostly 4-6-0 and the like.
Diane

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums, glad to have you onboard.

Great to hear about a husband and wife working together, although not unheard of that is rare and in my opinion, very cool!

Here is a link to my local hobby shop http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/ they also happen to be the busiest model train site on the web and have the best everyday pricing. Everything is sold well below list price. Best of all they have great customer service.

Welcome to the forums. You will not find a better bunch of folks to ask questions of than here. Good luck with your layout and please post some pics of your progress.

Thanks
Scott

Hello Diane & Husband, Welcome to the the forums here.
I've been involved in the hobby ever since the mid fifties so I have considerable knowledge behind me and try and help others whenever I can. I'm working on my own HO at present too and have a number of picturers to see on the forum here.

I also own a small Railroad supply business, Foothill Station in Coarsegold, Calif., as listed below and can get most everything you might need at very reasonable pricing and have a fair selection available to me through my distributor, I'd would be glad to help you and your husband out with your RR needs. Ps: While I started to create a web site it soon became evident I wouldn't be able to have a check out cart through my distributor I didn't attempt to go any further. What my site does show are all the lines I have available to me for reference.

Also, if your interested in a free track planning program which also has 3D available you might want to look and SCARM by Mixy who is also on the forum here and I believe his program is available to download free!?

Welcome again, I'm sure you'll both have a great time constructing your new layout.

Talk with you again,

David Smith

I'll add my welcome to you and hubby too. I enjoyed reading your story on the Northland. I keep trying to think of where you are located; at first I thought you were on the East Coast talking about the Long Island RR.
I am mainly an armchair modeler these days - spend way too much time looking, reading what others are doing. .. And any free time is spent working on 1 - 1 projects for the spousal unit.
Your aviation business interests me. I had a 42 year aviation career .. Everything from J-3's to B747's, and chasing train rides all over the U.S. and Europe. Would not trade a moment of it!

Back