ARG Meet 5/13/06, Benchwork for the Alabama Central RR

Man, Yippee!!! You have either been very busy or you have lassoed half of the Southeastern Region NMRA to help ya!

VERY GOOD PROGRESS!;):):) ...is that steam engine smoke I see...hmmmm!

NZRMac said:
Looks great C.J. It takes up your whole garage?

Ken.

Pretty much, there Ken. Its a two car garage so it takes up a good 90% of it. Total layout size is 17' x 23'.

When I originally designed it, it was to fit an area of 12 x 17. I straightened some curves out that was in that design, decreased all of the grades, increased a lot of the radii and was able to come up with a greatly improved design with a lot more operation potential.

RexHea said:
Man, Yippee!!! You have either been very busy or you have lassoed half of the Southeastern Region NMRA to help ya!

VERY GOOD PROGRESS!;):):) ...is that steam engine smoke I see...hmmmm!

I tol' ya I been bizee!:D

Besides, since most of the NMRA in this area is composed of the Wrecking Crew, I don't want the layout sceniked before its built, so they aren't allowed in yet!!!

Hey CJ! I got some tree seeds that you can go ahead and plant.:p:D

Last edited by a moderator:
RexHea said:
Hey CJ! I got some tree seeds that you can go ahead and plant.:p:D

I got a better idea!:D

Plant them around your depot:p, then fertilize them with all that BS we've left there.:rolleyes:Ithink there's more than enough there to handle the job!;);););):D

Looks like you fellas got a lot of work done.Maybe you have a happy and well fed crew?:D
Sour grapes..When I help my buddies I get a cold Baloney sandwich and a warm pop!.:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Update! Got one staging yard complete with roadbed and track and the other is halfway finished. Ordered two boxes of cork from a friend, and it looks like the cork will be here soon. L&N Castle even donated some cork to the cause. I still need 6 #6 turnouts to finish the last staging yard. Pictures eventually.

grande man said:
I'm absolutely devastated! No handlaid turnouts in staging???:eek: :eek: :eek:

Nah, been there, done that, saw the movie!:D

Since the yards will be buried under another layer, and I have provided room for maintanence, etc. I just feel that hidden staging yards are NOT condusive to easy maintanence on track, handlaid or otherwise. I'm trying to minimize what maintanence there will be there. ;) I'm even going as far as to push some 7-8 car strings through the yards, in various combinations, to see what problems develop and get those corrected before the yards are covered. Right now "THE STRING" of a 65' millgon, 36' covered hopper, 86' pullman, 40' boxcar, 50' boxcar, has already found some problems, and most of those have been corrected. :D

At least I'm putting the track, (flex) on cork to lower the noise level of the trains in staging.:rolleyes:

The handlaid sections start as the tracks come out of staging.:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Errr uhhh! Well, that was a manufacturing defect.:rolleyes:
I can, however, stay out of the TT pit!:eek: :D :D :D :D

You going to the ARG Saturday? I'll be there.

Rex;

Are you sure??

Unfortunately I will be in Mobile Saturday at another wedding. (Last known one for a while). My last niece is getting married. My wife would kill me if I didn't attend her sisters daughter's wedding the way she went to my sisters daughter's wedding.

I want to live to at least run a train or two.

Back