ARG Fun!

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Yesterday we finally got together for a long overdue Alabama Rail Gang (ARG) meet at Rex's house.

Rex and Caroline always put on a first class meet and this one was no exception. The company, food and fun were great. Rex, I'd like to thank ya'll both for the hard work that went into this. :)

As for the operating session, it was awesome! This was the first, I believe, since Rex has made substantial additions to what was already a fantastic layout. The RailOp software used for dispatch and the radio communications really made the experience of running trains very realistic. Now, if we could just fire the two yardmasters... :D Sorry guys, I HAD to...:D Seriously, the session went VERY well. We all had a blast!

I did more stuffing the old pie hole and running a peddler freight than taking photos, but here are a few shots.

L to R, Scott, CJ, Rex, Jimmy.
2392898726_a3c010eaa8_o.jpg

Hum, could there be a problem at the crossover??? :D William, Scott, CJ
2392064029_0d6bb336b7_o.jpg

LGM working the yard at Ashland.
2392897824_551c79fcc8_o.jpg

Little Grande and I shot a few proto pics on the way home. Rex, we got home at aboput 8:30 last night... http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=78592

HI GM/LGM and visitors! Wow! was I ever tired after our exciting day...but what fun I had. You are right, we do need to think about negotiating a new contract with the Yardmaster's union. The napping or day dreaming, and just plain dereliction of duty has to stop. One even walked off the job! :eek: I don't know which was worse: the confused Dispatcher or the dazed Yardmasters. :rolleyes::D

Yeah, I figured you two had plenty of scouting around to do. I did get my Outdoor A/C unit put in this a.m.

Hopefully, we will have another one in about a month.;) :)

Thanks for the great photography! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Show yall how much fun I had over there, after supper I went straight to bed, and didn't wake up until after lunch today!:D

Nah! Everytime a train came in, I'd have to wake up. But this was the Calm before the storm.
calm.png

Well guys, just to show yall that Rex isn't really that bad of a host, here he is showing Eric something new. (Rex probably doesn't know what it is either!):D

RexnEric.png

Well guys, just to show yall that Rex isn't really that bad of a host, here he is showing Eric something new. (Rex probably doesn't know what it is either!):D
LOL, Guess not, they both look confused!

Looking great guys, nice to see ya'll meeting up again. Missed seeing the amazing photos from those layouts!

Thanks Stan...it sure is fun for an "older" man to play on. I still have much to do and probably will never be close to being totally satisfied. :)

GM, I'm used to being abused by my wife, so I can take it. :D

Back