Anyone willing to paint my N-scale Kato FP40H for a few $$$?

metrolink-3.jpg

Kato F40PH (N-scale)

Here's my current N-scale Metrolink livery (I only need one F40PH painted):

• Athearn F59PHIs x3: #881, #882, #882 (need to re-number): 1988-1994

• Kato F40PHs x2: #800, #800 (need to re-number to #840; re-paint to early-scheme): 1974-1992 EMD; 1988-1996 MK/MPI.

Unfortunately, Metrolink only really ran a single F40PH, #800, as the other two were on loan or something and returned to Amtrak or someone. But I did find this
photo somewhere online and apparently there was a model of a Metrolink-roadnamed F40PH in a legacy paint scheme assigned the number #840, though I can't seem to find any prototype information on it.

Since I have two brand new Kato F40PHs identically numbered, I would love to stay within prototype and have one re-painted to match this older paint scheme. Of course, I would offer compensation for your time (if reasonable), and pay for any materials. I think Microscale makes a Metrolink decal set, but I don't know if it includes the exact ones needed. Luckily, the paint scheme is mostly simple straight lines.

If anyone offers to do this for me, it would be the pride of my railroad, and the modeler responsible would garner infinite praise and worldwide photo credits!

metropaint-1.gif

Apparently, Walthers offered this model at one time in H0:

metrolinkwalthers-1.png

metrolinkwalthers-2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, Microscale does make an N-scale decal sheet with the requisite graphics (even has the zebra stripes!):

N-scale part #60-4089

Last edited by a moderator:

Back