Anyone use Mianne benchwork?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Marlin39

I've been out pricing wood and it was a painful eye opener. Even the crap stuff is 200%-300% higher than a few years ago and the nice, clean, straight stuff is not affordable for hobby work.

I came across the Mianne product and it seems, for the price, it's not that out of line considering lumber pricing and it really cuts the benchwork building time to fractional. I consider building benchwork as one of my least favorite parts of the hobby. Laying track is close second.

Has anyone used the Mianne product?

Alcomotive

Grandson of ALCO Bldr
I've been out pricing wood and it was a painful eye opener. Even the crap stuff is 200%-300% higher than a few years ago and the nice, clean, straight stuff is not affordable for hobby work.

I came across the Mianne product and it seems, for the price, it's not that out of line considering lumber pricing and it really cuts the benchwork building time to fractional. I consider building benchwork as one of my least favorite parts of the hobby. Laying track is close second.

Has anyone used the Mianne product?

I have not used it nor do I know any one that has. I have seen them at the Amherst Train show in Massachusetts. http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/

They are definitely nice products. Goes together like a puzzle but straight forward to assemble. Not sure how the value of the materials vs. the material in the HD/Lowes would be. I can certainly see the advantage for using it if you are not a that inclined to do bench work from scratch.

Any how they do have a bit of versatility. Good luck and keep us posted on your direction & progress on the build.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.