Anyone need cheap backdrop trees?

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Hi all. Anyone up for a cheap, easy backdrop tip?

I was in a local Hobby Lobby yesterday and noticed a sticker aisle in the scrapbook area. Low and behold, they had appropriately sized tree stickers under the Horizons and Stick-A-Bilities brand names. While I bought evergreens, Horizons also makes deciduous tree and mountain stickers. Interestingly, the stickers were priced from $1.99 to $2.49 per pack and are on sale for half price thru Saturday... I'll be going back for more.;)

The stickers.
207113821.gif

Keep in mind, these pics were taken when the stickers were first applied. I noticed a slight shine the the Horizons brand and a pronounced shine to the Stick-A-Bilities brand. A quick shot of Dull Cote helped to blend them nicely into the painted backdrop...

This first pic needs more foreground 3D trees, but the ones next to the backdrop sticker blend nearly perfectly.
207113816.gif

207113835.gif

207113826.gif

207113813.gif

Thanks for the tip!...They look great!...have to look for those...Living here in Pa. we are fortunate enough to be going into winter (yeah right :( ) And our club gathered some dried goldenrod plants. We spray painted them green and dusted with alittle follage and they look great...Great for areas that won't get touched as they are brittle.

Last edited by a moderator:
GM check your e mail

Hey Steve, I don't see any new email or PMs...

As for the trees, they're not bad for $3 and 10 minutes of my time.:) They look better on the layout than in the pics.

I went to another HL at lunch but they were pretty well raked clean with the sale going on. I'll have to try another store as I want some of the Horizons brand background mountains. :cool:

Wahey, just ordered a ton of stuff, should be fun,,,, imagine finding out about a product of a guy in Bama then he tell's you it's less than 40 min's from my house in the UK,,, amazing,,, i'm stuck for words Eric;) :D ;)

Wahey, just ordered a ton of stuff, should be fun,,,, imagine finding out about a product of a guy in Bama then he tell's you it's less than 40 min's from my house in the UK,,, amazing,,, i'm stuck for words Eric;) :D ;)

:D

Can ya'll tell I got some more...;)

207252848.gif

looking great GM,,, can't wait for mine to come, they do a nice line in palm tree's as well, not that i'm surgesting you put em on the Platte canyon sub

Holy... I missed this thread!

I'll have to look for those, not that I'll need to many.

Well, the main thing is, I've had something to take pics of for a couple of days... Heck, it's a small layout and I'd run out of things to photograph. :D

207568142.gif

Steve B I took a look around online and found a store with the Stickabilities trees for 99 cents each package and showing as in stock. The web adress is: www.stickerbar.com, once there go to the big bar on the left and look up the product name in the Vendor list. They have a built in currency conveter on the pages also.
I'm waiting for mine - they are en route
Shortliner(Jack) away up here in the Highlands

Back