Anyone have any pics? Wpf!

Here is a birdseye view of the sawmill I am working on. It started out as a Sierra West kit but I have modified it in several ways to make it a little more modern than the kit would have been. It still has a ways to go. I still need to install the piping to the beehive burner that I scatchbuilt and fill up the lumber storage area with stacks of lumber. I also need to build a mill office and put in an access road.

ncng said:
Here is a birdseye view of the sawmill I am working on. It started out as a Sierra West kit but I have modified it in several ways to make it a little more modern than the kit would have been. It still has a ways to go. I still need to install the piping to the beehive burner that I scatchbuilt and fill up the lumber storage area with stacks of lumber. I also need to build a mill office and put in an access road.

..Nice job..

NCNG: Boy, did YOUR logo hit me in the chops!! I was born and raised in Nevada City, and lived right across the street from the Nevada City terminal of the NCNG. Mom says I used to stand at the window to watch #8 bring in the daily train and pee my diapers. Unfortunately, by the time I was three, the NCNG was gone, but we used to walk the roadbed to grammar school all the time when I was a kid. One of my teachers had a husband (Bob Paine) who worked on the railroad and would come over to the school and tell us about it during our California History classes. What a great little line, that was!
Tom

I am kicking myself. Usually, I put the camera in my car and go railfanning right after church. Well, this morning...Yeah, you guessed it: I forgot to pack it. And wouldn't you know, I got down to the mouth of the yard, and along came a train. Just your usual, Appalachian area coal train, two AC4400's...and an SD40-3. It was an HLCX ex-MPI nee-MK rebuilt SD45, now an SD40-3. I am so (censored) at myself. Oh well...maybe next time.

So, no, I have no photos...I know this is supposed to be modeling...but I needed to rant a bit ;).

Here's a tease. This is the structure I have been working on. It was a cheap throw in in a lot of some other things I wanted. I'm about to start weathering it. You can find the step I took to get it here at:

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/editpost.php

Refine09.gif

Well not a whole lot I'm afraid. Since all the Alcos were on deck I lined them up for an Alco fleet shot
13.gif
Willis

CBCNSfan said:
Well not a whole lot I'm afraid. Since all the Alcos were on deck I lined them up for an Alco fleet shot
13.gif
Willis
That's quite a fleat. Sure makes mine look alot more like a rainbow and its only 4 roads!;)

Some photos now.
#1 This one is from last week. The Geep sitting in front of the depo awaiting for an assignment. It has now been temporary promoted to run with the mainline F7 units (dummies), untill a more powerfull CP unit can be found.
I didn't post the photo before as I was too busy with midterms.:p
#2 The first train I ran with the "new equipment" purchased at a modelshow this weekend. The CN power lash-up runs good, but is not very accurate, unless its a power move, so the two locos run solo now.
#3 Most prized poseccion - this F unit. No more of these beauties made and it runs very well and quitely. Too bad the freight cars don't care! (it's leassed to CP). The F40PH-2 its trailing is also leassed to CP - as odd as it sounds, this leassing did actually happen in real life.
#4 Finally the layout is turning to turn into something! 4F units (CP A, VIA A, CP B, CP A) lead a freight train as the subway rumbles through the city above.
The "double-track mainline" is actually a long spur that serves as a CN interchange, next to the single track main.

I was planning to get some trackwork and buildings done this weekend, but chose to run trains instead. A lot more fun this way.

Back