Anyone from the Ark-La-Tx going

BIG DOG

to the Train Show at Longview, Tx this weekend?

We've made plans to attend, and "hopefully pick up an item or 2 kinda cheap:D

Yeah, I'm going Saturday Morning. I have other stuff to do in the afternoon.
That's easy for me to do since I live in Longview. Do you need directions?

I know its at the fair grounds, but I don't really know how to get there from hwy 259 n (i'll be comming in from Lone Star off I30) I want to show my wife the steel mill, btw...one could model that place and still run out of room man it's big

Well, before you get into town, you need to take Spur 502 to the right (Judson Rd.) off US 259.
Then, after about 3 or 4 miles, take Spur 63 to the right.
This will take you through a big portion of town. After several miles, you will cross US Hwy 80 (Marshall Ave.), then under the RR tracks.
Not much further, you will merge with State Hwy 31.
Stay in the right hand lane. On the left you'll see a movie theater and a VW dealership. You'll turn right on Jaycee Rd. across from the VW place.
The fair grounds are on the right after about 1000 yards.

I know, alot of right hand turns, but I promise you won't be going in circles.

I know, alot of right hand turns, but I promise you won't be going in circles.
:D :D

Are you sure? I was down at Homer's the other day, and didn't realize he didn't take crdt crds, He told be where there was a ATM "back up the road at the light take a RIGHT and the ATM is on the left" well, I din't realize the "right" was down a alley and the ATM was "hidden" in the parking lot!:eek: :D :confused: :D

oh well I'll have some cash tomorrow, hope ya hang around till lunch, that's prolly when well get there, I have 2 REALLY PRETTY LADIES with me my wife and my 4yr old, just look for the fat ugly dude with a limp with the 2 pretty gals!!!:D

Was the original question referring to the Ark-La-Tex model railroad club, or the geographic area encompassing the intersection of Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas?

Longview is a little out of the way for me, but I might be able to get out to the WGH show in Fort Worth here in two weeks.

Well, I only spent a little money. I've learned to take a list of stuff I need with me. It keeps me from spending money on stuff that I don't need.
Glad you had a good time.

Back