Anyone else working from home?

PrairieKnight

First of all, I hope that everyone is staying healthy during this challenging time. I have my own thoughts about the current health concerns in the world but I want to stay away from anything remotely political here. I was told today that I am to work from home starting tomorrow. So.... along with doing some work, I will be wiring my new yard section on the layout in the basement. Is there anyone else staying home (voluntary or involuntary) that will be working on their layout?

Not to brag, but I've been working from home snce 12/17/2008. Before that, I never had the option...so difficult to bring a P42 home. ;)
My son works for the Department of the Navy, and today he started a new job,within the DOD. They have provision for working at home, but this position, is more hands on than the last one. So far, he has to report to the work location.

Not yet, but for my own sanity, they're going to have to force me to be home. Way too many distractions...other than causing trouble here during my workday! lol

I started telecommuting yesterday. Yeah, there are a lot of distractions. I ended up in the basement, in the kids playroom to get away. They don't use it much... It won't be an everyday thing because fortunately my job is more than paperwork.

My wife is an RN. She is kinda miffed, she found out yesterday that if she was 3 years older she would have been sent home for 2 weeks, with pay, but since she is too young she has to work. I am retired so I dont have anything I have to go to anyway, now I have an excuse not to go.

Is there anyone else staying home (voluntary or involuntary) that will be working on their layout?
We often work from home. On Monday our office did a big test of having EVERYONE work from home at the same time to see if our network could handle it. It was no problem. They have not dictated it yet, but I am waiting.

No, I would not spend work time on the layout. This forum is distracting enough without introducing something else ;-)

No, I would not spend work time on the layout. This forum is distracting enough without introducing something else ;-)

Note to your boss (and everyone else's boss). Not suggesting you spend work time here either. However, you will not have any commute time when you're working from home, so there's a bit of free time. You also get periodic breaks and lunch. Great times to pop in and see what's going on here.

I was sent home yesterday for two weeks. I don't use a computer at work very often and I'm not allowed to bring anything company related outside the building so just home, not working. I think today we are going to the beach, just to get outside for a bit.

Retired since 2004 with 29+ years in the Canadian Armed Forces. About a year after that, I offered the Royal Military College's Department of Continuing Studies my services instructing officers and non-commissioned members in the Officer Professional Military Examinations series of mandatory exams (mandatory for officers, voluntary for NCM's interested in eventual commissioning). I instructed Intro Psych and a 400 level course titled Military Leadership & Ethics. That ended with a review of contracting outside sources and a revamping of the officer professional development series in 2012. Since then, I garden, work on the layout, go for aggressive run-walks, cycle, and spend way too much time at the keyboard. But, I'm happy and having fun.

I started working from home last Wednesday (March 11). Since my job is mostly data "mining" and reporting, there is little need for me to be onsite (except for occasional meetings, but WebEx takes care of that problem!)

I've been working remotely for my current employer (or its predecessor) since Jan 2016. Assigned to a team in the Indiana office -- I am in Utah. Long commute to my basement every morning.

Back