Anyone else getting this upon LogIn?

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
I don't know about anyone else but I am still having issues with the "Alerts". You click on the Alerts and this is what I am getting:

BBxrMWP.jpg

I have tried doing as the message says, 4 times, and still get this "Security Error"??

This tends to happen randomly as well. I can go for 3 or 4 days and the Alerts work fine then the above starts happening.

Are you using "internet Explorer "? I was getting error messages and having trouble loading pages from multiple sites and
had to change my browser from IE as they are no longer providing support for it.
I switched to Firefox and all is good .
T.C.

I have been unable to reproduce this issue. It's not possible for the website to have a true "security error" as the website doesn't use https, the enhanced security version of http. That means none of the site is "Secure". Why not? Well, first of all, there's no sensitive information here that needs to be secured. You will never be asked for credit card info or any other personal data. It also costs money for a site certificate (like just about everything else on the internet) and having it would lead to more messages like that, not less, for example a "portions of this page are not secure" message if you link to an external image that's not on a secure website. Since that would simply cause confusion with very little benefit, we don't plant to install https in the short term.

From what I've been told, that issue is usually caused by either an ad blocker or a pop-up blocker. Both intercept and delete a portion of the data that the website is sending. If they pick the wrong part, you'll see errors. Since the alerts open a new window, they can be seen as ads or worse by some ad/pop-up blocking programs.

If your program allows it, "whitelist" this website, allowing ads and pop-ups. We don't run many ads and there are no pop-up ads at all, only things like private messages and alerts, which are content you presumably want to view.

I also use Firefox and have not encountered any problems using the Forum. I stopped using IE for the most part due to slow loading and error messages occurring on other sites.

Greg

This site is designed to work with any browser. Including phones and tablets. It is designed to work with IE too.

That said, do yourself a favor and don't use IE here or anywhere else...

Google says this

iota
ʌɪˈəʊtə/
noun

1. 1.
    the ninth letter of the Greek alphabet ( Ι, ι ), transliterated as ‘i’.

2. 2.
    an extremely small amount.
    "nothing she said seemed to make an iota of difference"
    synonyms:bit, mite, speck, scrap, shred, ounce, scintilla, atom, jot, tittle, jot or tittle, whit, little bit, tiniest bit, particle, fraction, morsel, grain; More

Google says this

iota
ʌɪˈəʊ
  1. 2.
    an extremely small amount.
    "nothing she said seemed to make an iota of difference"
    synonyms:bit, mite, speck, scrap, shred, ounce, scintilla, atom, jot, tittle, jot or tittle, whit, little bit, tiniest bit, particle, fraction, morsel, grain; More

EeeeK! My Johnson has become an iota!

Back