Anybody custom paint?

Nope, I had made contact a while back and he said he was going to send it back. Nothing. I tried to contact him on Facebook with no reply.

Nope, I had made contact a while back and he said he was going to send it back. Nothing. I tried to contact him on Facebook with no reply.

Same here.

He was once a trustworthy member of HO Interchange (formerly HO Yard Sale). He recently started posting there again. I contacted the moderator/admin of the group, and linked him to this thread. The admin confronted Josh with the info, and asked him to resolve it. Josh agreed to resolve it, although he never contacted me to do so. So, after waiting a reasonable amount of time and seeing that he did not resolve the problem, the admin removed Josh from the group to prevent anyone else from being victimized. I don't think Josh has any intentions of actually resolving this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here.

He was once a trustworthy member of HO Interchange (formerly HO Yard Sale). He recently started posting there again. I contacted the moderator/admin of the group, and linked him to this thread. The admin confronted Josh with the info, and asked him to resolve it. Josh agreed to resolve it, although he never contacted me to do so. So, after waiting a reasonable amount of time and seeing that he did not resolve the problem, the admin removed Josh from the group to prevent anyone else from being victimized. I don't think Josh has any intentions of actually resolving this.

He is back on facebook in those same groups trying to buy cars, thats how I found his facebook page. He used to be a well liked member he too. I think you guys need to take it a step further and contact the county prosecutor out where he lives.

I just re-read this entire thread. This really gives our hobby a bad name when things like this happen. I surely hope I have never wronged anyone on this forum (or any other) like this.

Well if any of you are visiting or live in san diego, he works at the walmart san diego, murphy canyon road as a support manager. He also now attends san diego state university.

It is such a shame, both in the disservice to the hobby and he was a darn good painter having painted both a Southern PS4 Crescent Limited brass engine and a SW1500 for me. Both at very resonable prices. I also agree its time to turn the heat up to boil and contact law enforcement concerning the issues at hand. Mike

hate to say it but bring in law enforcement is the only way this will be resolved
I think you are massively underestimating the torch and pitchfork plan.

Seriously though...you guys should try a lawyer first. Especially if somebody knows one personally who could help for cheap. You would be amazed how much a certified letter on a law firm's letterhead that just threatens legal action can motivate someone.

Suddenly the matter becomes serious and bot something that can just be avoided for another week.

With any luck the guy gets the letter....gets spooked...and starts packing all your locos up and mailing them the next day.

I'm betting that any locos he may have had are long since sold on eBay. Not really any other reason for him to be so diligently dodging everyone.

I warned one of the moderators on the Protomodeler forum a few days ago about what was going on here.

Back