Any younger guys here that want to give DCC a try?

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
We've got an old MRC Command 2000 system and a walkaround throttle. It's very basic by today's DCC standards, but will control lights and allow you to independently control locos. It would work well for a smaller layout to run multiple trains for a starter system. The system works great, we just outgrew it long ago. I'd like to find it a new home, preferrably with one of our younger members that doesn't have the $$$ to buy a system. FREE to the first interested member!

Last edited by a moderator:
chrismoore93 said:
I don't really have a layout yet, but I'm interested! I would also greatly appreciate it.
-Chris

Well Chris, it's yours! I've got the box and instructions to go with it. Shoot me a private message with your ship to address and I'll get it out to you. Please make sure giving out your info is ok with your parents first. Look forward to hearing from you.

Darn, if I wasn't off of work today for the holiday I would have seen this earlier :(. Kuddos for an awesome gesture though!

Wow! Speaking of eBay, I think I have one of these in my store. Runs ~$70 just for the console. I have some decoders too...started with about 80 and I think I only have about 15 left.

Well, it's getting better. We're gonna throw in an MRC (Walthers Trainline) weathered Alco PA as well, UP paint. It just got out of the tune up shop (workbench) and will run fine for a DCC loco to try out. Let me know where it's new home is Chris and I'll get it on it's way.

OlsmilinEd said:
That was a good thing to do, Grande Man. It's good to see that people still care about and try to help others. This Katrina thing has had me puzzled. Why would people who cry, "Help us!" shoot at the rescuers coming to help them? At least we still have good people in this hobby.
Bravo, I really appreciate this Grande Man! :) :) :) :) :)

OlsmilinEd said:
This Katrina thing has had me puzzled. Why would people who cry, "Help us!" shoot at the rescuers coming to help them?

Some people just don't get it do they?

I've been thinking about that for a few days now.

Originally Posted by OlsmilinEd
This Katrina thing has had me puzzled. Why would people who cry, "Help us!" shoot at the rescuers coming to help them?
Hi Ed, according to our news reports up here, these shooters are not US citizens, but people who were allowed in the country to work at certain jobs. ( a permit system I know little about or understand). It has been reported that these people will have to leave the US now that they are no longer employed, and they fear that if they are rescued they will be deported back to their own country. I can't concieve a reason that a native born American would balk at being rescued from harm's way, so the reports do make some sense of it, we do have some excellent reporters down that way who are keeping us informed on what a lot of us consider the worlds greatest disaster.
13.gif
Willis

Back