Any new on the Broadway Limited Trackmobile?

A friend had one at the club a while ago, maybe from an old run?
I'm wondering how hard it would be to add a coupler to the front?

I recall reading a review where somebody did that but couldn't locate it again. If I'm remembering correctly, it wasn't difficult to replace the front coupler.

I'm inclined to believe BLI makes anouncements of upcoming releases as a market test process. I think the anouncement is made even before pen is put to paper for the model design. Can anyone name a single model that BLI anounced in the past 5 years that actually showed up within a year of the initial anouncement date?

I have a first run Trackmobile. It will pull one or two cars on a flat surface, but that's about what the real ones would do.

Isn't this the first run as a BLI model, prior to this, the two previous runs were Factory Direct Trains models?

FDT is BLI's retail outlet, run by the brother (Joe Grubba) of BLI's president (Bob Grubba).

The FDT Trackmobiles qualify for BLI's warranty.

The front coupler will take a lot of work to replace since it's cast on and the entire body is made of metal (possibly brass). You'd have to cut/file it off, then find a way to mount a coupler pocket to it. I think they decided to cast the coupler on the front instead of adding a coupler to it due to the fact that there's no good way to mount one.

Back