Any NASCAR fans here?

I just saw where CSX has signed on as an associate sponsor for the Regan Smith's #78 Cup car for this season. That is pretty sweet!

Yes I did see that, pretty cool driving a racing car with railroad as the sponsor!!!

I am a huge Matt Kenseth fan, gonna be good race this Sunday!

Yep will be glued to the TV watching the race and I will be in Orlando and got my tickets for the July race already, between turn 4 and pit entrance. Oh yeah :D:D:D:D:D

Not really a secure fan of any one driver as long as it isn't either one of the Busch whinney ass brothers.:p:p:p:p:p:p

Not really a secure fan of any one driver as long as it isn't either one of the Busch whinney ass brothers.
Well I got to say.... I normally cheer when Kyle has problems, but that race Saturday night he gained a little bit of respect from me. I think he deserved to win that race.

Me, I'm a David Pearson fan, Oh too old. then I switched to Darrell Waltrip, Oh too old. then I switched to Tony Stewart. Now I have to admit I've always had my lists of "good" drivers and "bad" drivers when my choosen would fall out of the race. My current back up list is Mark Martin, Jamie Mc Murray, Carl Edwards, Regan Smith, and Trevor Bane.

As you can see I already had Regan Smith on the list before the CSX deal because he is the only car from Denver. I almost dropped Tony when Joe Gibbs went to Toyota, and I'm thinking about dropping Mark for the same reason. And that is the only reason the pretty Orange Home Depot of Joey Legano isn't on my list.

I always wanted to win the lottery and run cars painted in Fallen Flag colors. Wouldn't a Lowey two tone green car with a big NP monad on the hood look great?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not as big a fan as I used to be. I'll DVR the 500 and catch it later. Not the same since DE Sr passed.
I'm not a Busch fan (either one) but Kyle is a darn good driver.
I like Smoke and would like to see him win, then DE Jr.

Besides railroads, even political action groups are getting involved with sponsorship - not good if you ask me but money is money and the racers don't really care who gives it to them. I wonder how the political sponsored driver will respond after the race:

"Yea, my Newt Toyota ran real good today. Vote for Newt!"

the racers don't really care who gives it to them.
Some of them do. I know Richard Petty turned down many lucrative deals from alcohol companies. I believe that is how Junior Johnson/Darrel Waltrip got the Budwiser sponsorship.

Richard Petty promised his mother he would never put alcahol on the
Petty race cars, Thats why they were never in the Busch/Bud Shotout.
They did not have the little fender decal on there cars,

Mike.

Blue Oval fan here, and Matt Kenseth is my driver. I always found it funny that CSX went with the only team not based in North Carolina and infact is in Colorado.

Every year I take vacation during week of Daytona 500. Yesterday (Thursday) I watched the twin 125 qualifying races...VERY boring until the end, but for some reason I still love it.

I was a Dave Marcus fan and the Silver Fox to, went to my first cup race in 1979 at Riverside:D.
Not a fan of the Busch brothers but i like how they p%%s everybody off and kyle does what Ironhead did to everybody , get out of my way NOW:eek::eek:
mike

I was a Dave Marcus fan and the Silver Fox to, went to my first cup race in 1979 at Riverside:D.
Not a fan of the Busch brothers but i like how they p%%s everybody off and kyle does what Ironhead did to everybody , get out of my way NOW:eek::eek:
mike
Wow, Dave Marcus #71. Glad you brought up his name. He was always one of my back ups to cheer for. I was watching the CBS satelite feed once when he was leading at Tallegea. During a commercial break (feed was not being broadcast) over a pit sequence Chris Economacki <sp?> getting ready to go back live said, "who's leading. ... Oh a whole lot of nobodies. .. Dave Marcus. I'm not showing one minute of the race with him leading". And they didn't. They showed replays of people doing their pits, highlights from earlier in the race. I've always wondered what the anamosity was.

And Riverside. also Wow, My favorite track. I had replicated it with my AFX slot cars.

I don't know that I would liken what Kyle does as the same as Earnhart. While I never liked Earnhart, I think most of the time he was just going for it and others just got in the way. I mean remember the Martinsville fall race of 1986. Darrell and Dale 50 laps never more than 1/2 car length between them. If Dale or Darrel would have wanted they could have easily just wrecked the other. I think Kyle (like #27 Kodiak driver - my most hated ever) purposely wrecks people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back