Any MTH DCS experts on here??

Goldnut

I just set my system up and I am having trouble with it. I have a 100 foot loop in the house. Wired the TIU in 4 places at approx 25 ft apart. Pulled the center pin to isolate each 25 foot section. I have the engine on the track and when I turn the system on the engine starts right up. I dont have to start it with my phone. No function on my phone will work. I tried to add my engine and the DCS app says it cant find an engine. Any help is appreciated. Ken

Last edited:
I'm not a DCS expert at all. I know little to nothing about it, but if you're new to it, I'd suggest getting the base system up and running and worry about extensions, your phone or tablet, etc. for later when you understand the basics. Just a thought.

Just a quick follow up. First Thank you for the replies. I took the TIU back to the train store...he finally has open hours, The TIU is bad. Of course its only the second bad one he has ever seen and I got it! LOL Just my luck. It got sent back to MTH for repairs. Now the waiting begins. Ken

Goldnut, I have a 130-foot O-Scale 2-Rail layout, using an MTH diesel, with track power applied at only one point on the entire layout. I use no phone, no tablet, no walkaround, no wireless control.

I prefer it this way for reliability, because I believe there is now too much technology in Model Railroading!

Brakeman Hal, retired Aerospace Engineer, age 84

003.JPG

Last edited:

Back