Another Washington state modeler

I spoke to the wife and made sure I really want to do this & sure enuff I do:rolleyes:. Fishing season is here and I need to give that the attention it derserves but I can start planning a layout......this internet connection really sux, BTW . My typing is kinda shakey no how....I don't need any "help". Hopefully it will get better with use.

I do need some good info on HO shops in the Portland/Vancouver area.
TIA.

hello old friend

steve;

how are you I lost track of you, do you have any other old photos of the layou? I am active with them again and it is quite nice and we use dcc

gordy

Really good to hear from you Gordon. I'll have to get in some evening when you're having a session and see it. Are any of the old guys still around?

Steve

Hey JP in Vancouver, the first hobby shop you need to visit is actually in Camas. Look up the Train Shop in Camas. The guy has some great stuff at decent prices, very nice small shop.

335 NE Lechner St, Camas, WA 98607

Other good shops in Portland are;
Whistle Stop Trains
11724 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97266 (503) 761-1822

Tammie's Hobbies
12024 SW Canyon Rd, Beaverton, OR 97005 (503) 644-4535

Vic's Hobby Supply
606 NE Broadway St, Portland, OR 97232 (503) 281-1032

Hobby Smith
1809 NE Cesar E Chavez Blvd, Portland, OR 97212 (503) 284-1912

Steve, you were asking about Mall Shows. I'm not exactly sure if you meant train shows or modular clubs based at malls. But as far as train shows goes, there are few good ones several times a year.

There are usually one or two large ones at the Puyallup fair grounds. The Great Train Expo will be Dec 15-16.

Boeing Employee's Model RR club hosts in in Kent in November.

Tacoma NW Modelers just had a show on May 14th at Freighthouse square in Tacoma.

Yard Birds Mall in Chehalis has a couple shows each year. The Olympia Lions had a show in March and the Chehalis group will probably have one in October.

Haven't been to this one in Bremerton before;
Jun 16 (Sat), Bremerton, WA
Bremerton Northern Model Railroad Club 2012 Swap Meet. We are at the West Side Improvement Club, 4109 West "E" Street (the corner of National Ave & "E" Street in Navy Yard City) Get off Hwy 3 at Loxie Eagans to National, turn right at light. 9am - 3pm, $5.00 for adults, children under 12 free. Info:-Marion Weston, 360-633-7212, or MarionandDan@live.com

Not much show wise during the summer.

Hey JP in Vancouver, the first hobby shop you need to visit is actually in Camas. Look up the Train Shop in Camas. The guy has some great stuff at decent prices, very nice small shop.

335 NE Lechner St, Camas, WA 98607

Other good shops in Portland are;
Whistle Stop Trains
11724 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97266 (503) 761-1822

The shop in Camas was the first place I called......I like to make sure they are open. All too many have gone belly up here of late. No joy. I'll try again.

At the Whistle Stop, I was like a kid in a candy store......and they're nice folks to boot.

I'm trying to get a handle on this stuff before I do much shopping......I've done a bit already.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info Ted. What I was curious about was the mall shows where the modular clubs show up and operate for the weekend. When the Malls started selling the space to the vendors out in the open areas it kind of killd these. Used to have a lot of fun at these. Oh well. Gordy
I'll be over one Thursday night. I'll bring all the pictures I have of the old layout.

Steve

Back