Another Successful ARG Meet.

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Well, another ARG meet is in the books. ;) Mr David May hosted this month. He models the local area when the Frisco, SSR, IC and L&N ruled the rails. As usual, the company, food and fun were first rate. Unfortunately, several of the regulars had Father's Day weekend plans and couldn't attend. We, of course, voted the delinquents in as next month's hosts.:D

Glenn watches trains as Mr May give details of a historical pic of his Dad working on the Frisco to Ray (cprman).
157354398.gif

William (L&N castle) runs a cleaning train as LGM and Rex talk trains.
157354415.gif

LGM explains QSI sound as Rex follows along in the book. :D
157354412.gif

Ray and Mr May running trains.
157354409.gif

Mr May and LGM with the engineer hats on.
157354407.gif

A couple of train shots...
157354421.gif

157354418.gif

Lunch!!! Pizza, chips and TWO pies!
157354403.gif

157354423.gif

Boy i miss those days of hanging out on the porch with my freinds & family... Oh wait...

AWSOME pics of the trains!

Does Rex do anything other than eat at these ARG meets?:D Just kidding!! Looks like alot of fun, I must find some local guys for some ChchRG fun.

Ken.

BMRR said:
Looks like another fun ARG meeting, friends, food and trains. :)

Stan.

We keep hoping you'll be free to make a meet sometime. I know that's tough with your work schedule. We're talking about doing a Birmingham History themed meet sometime when the weather cools and visit a few Red Mountain historical sites. Ya got any interest in something like that?

NZRMac said:
Does Rex do anything other than eat at these ARG meets?:D Just kidding!! Looks like alot of fun, I must find some local guys for some ChchRG fun.

Ken.

I heard that!!:p
(Notice the beltline bulge:eek: and that was before the Ice Box pie.)

Fellow MR's we did have another good time. It is amazing how guys from miles apart and never heard or seen each other can get together, form a meaningful friendship, and have such fun together. There is a lot more that this hobby offers than trains.;)

One side note: I took my Atlas Gold SD24 to run and let LGM take the controls. After him asking me questions and getting vague answers he picked up the handbook, read the entire thing, knew all about its capabilities, "bells and whistles", and was running it like a Pro. Now I know who the Trainmaster is in that family:D :D :D. (Sorry Gman, the secret is out!)

Next "Alabama Rail Gang" (ARG) meet will be at my Depot on July 22.

Boy, first one I miss, and it looks like most everyone shows up!:D

But as good as the trains and you guys look, :rolleyes:, esp Glenn & Rex, I had better things to look at.:D

I attended ny youngest niece's weeding in Mobile, Al.

May I present the new Mr. & Mrs Hank Daniels!

She is very beautiful!

When my wife and I were dating, Kim's father and I had been best friends in high school. He needed a date one night and we introduced him to my wife's sister. They got married one year after my wife and I did.
Not only was yesterday Kimmie's wedding, but it was her Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary as well! She wanted to get married on the same date as her Mom and Dad did.

One more photo to add.

Did you ever see a happy bunch?
EDIT: Oops! Did you ever see a happier bunch?

Last edited by a moderator:
RexHea said:
One more photo to add.

Did you ever see a happy bunch?
EDIT: Oops! Did you ever see a happier bunch?
Looks sorta like everyone is having a good time.:) I kinda wish I coulda been there.:rolleyes:

But I have seen better heads ona glass of root beer!:eek:

grande man said:
We keep hoping you'll be free to make a meet sometime. I know that's tough with your work schedule. We're talking about doing a Birmingham History themed meet sometime when the weather cools and visit a few Red Mountain historical sites. Ya got any interest in something like that?

Yes, very much. Looking at the pictures you have posted, seems like Birmingham has a lot of history. I've only been to B'ham a few times and then I was just passing through on my way to T'town. :)

Stan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck Stan, until hanging around this bunch I hadn't been anywhere in Birmingham for over 20 years.
(They can still have it, but I will make exceptions):D

Man! I am so jealous. Y'all seem to really enjoy these get togethers. I am
"without layout" at the moment and would love to have some RR folks to
hang out with (and free food to boot!:D) There is a local club around here,
but the folks I met seemed a bit uptight.

Carey,
You were within shouting distance of me. You should have come and visited
our fine train stores here in Pensacola. If you get back down here, make the
short trip and stop in at Trains by Johnson or Bobe's. They are both well stocked
and friendly shops. Get in touch with me and I'll give you the grand tour!
Dave

Back