another newbie would like................

Excellent work HO'er :cool: I like how you are doing your mountains. Very good. :cool:

Hey, thanks F1

here is another picture to show a couple things,

First is the mountains all painted. They are painted a custom mix of white ceiling paint and black tempura paint mixed into the paint.

Next is my first attempt at making some "bottle brush trees" the dead one is airbrushed raw umber with craft paint from Wal-Mart.

last this as well is my first attempt at weathering. Its a cheap old box car from e-bay and tried my hand at weathering. The logo/shield on the side, I tried to run the paint down the sides. It looks a little better in person to me anyhow.

The creek bed is a labor of love, I got a shovel full of gravel from my driveway and washed all the rocks. I then proceeded to sort the rocks. I took all round edged rocks out and then sorted by size. This works VERY well I may add. for a few hours work I have many many rocks that look just like talus.

Hope you enjoy

EDIT,... the trees are standing on a styrofoam base and just placed there. The hiway is right below the base

You are looking like a pro. Are you going to use woodlands scenics easy water or is the creek going to be dry? I can't really tell in the picture. You did an excellent job on the boxcar too. very good.

Thanks again F1 for the kind words.

I was going to use the woodland water. But this is the test diorama that will be disassembled. I did this diorama (2 feet X 10 feet) and then really got into the layout starting on the other side of the room. This area will not work and figure it is just easier to rip it all out and do it properly. I am going to do it the same as the "Alberta side" with the lower cabinets and the grid work with the 2" foam on top of the grid.

Shame cause I really love the way the creek turned out. Right now it is a dry bed. See if I have a couple more pictures, hang on buddy........

here you go F1 here are a couple of that area.

Never mind about the track color, it never turned out at all what I wanted so it is just there for photo ops with the UP boxcar.

I went through all my photos have not got one that is better than this, sorry. I'll have to get a final few pictures before the train room wrecking ball :(

HO'er, you really did your home work on the creek. It appears you could have put in a waterfall toward the front part. Really cool, I guess you could do the same thing or simiular on the new set up.

Welcome HOer!! I'm a newbie to this site as well. I also have a passion for diecast and tons of them. I'm working on my first diorama now . Making a small transfer company:D

Back