another newbie would like................

I'm a HO'er

To say a Big HELLO!!!!!!!

been lurking here a while and figured it was time to join up, alot of you have helped me out, and I too would like to help others out. As my user name says, I am a ho'er from from years back but just recently got back into the trains. I have been granted from my wife one room in the house to do with as I please and after filling it with diecasts, it's time to fill up some with a layout as well.

Pics will be coming

Again, thanks to all who have helped me thus far

Hope to make some great friends here

Welcome...
This is a great place to ask questions!
Just remember the advice is worth every penny you are paying for it.;)
You will get many treasures and some junk, so think about the advice you get.
Mikey

WELCOME! Since you have visited before, you already know you are at a good place. Looking forward to following your work.

To say a Big HELLO!!!!!!!

I have been granted from my wife one room in the house to do with as I please and after filling it with diecasts, it's time to fill up some with a layout as well.

Pics will be coming

Again, thanks to all who have helped me thus far

Hope to make some great friends here

Welcome, I'm a newby too and this site is excellent. Thumbs up to your wife for giving you some space in your house. Likewise my wife gave me half of our basement and has kept a causual distance. I try to keep her involved so that I'm not ignoring her, but she just says go build it and I will check from time to time or when it done :)

hey Guys, thank you for the warm invite.

lets see if I can post a couple pictures,.........

this one gives you an idea of what I am in the process of making. one side will be the Alberta side and the other side will be the BC side. The trains will travel over the top of my desk in a small tunnel and the tunnel will be the Rocky Mountains. I have other photos in my camera but have not down loaded them yet

Welcome. I'm pretty new here but have also found the info to be very useful. I too like the construction pics. What are you planning on using for the mountain?

thank you for the kind words everyone, I have some more photos coming.

Traindude, I will be using extruded and plaster for the mountains. This is my 1st layout but did 2 other dioramas before the big plunge. I just finished mounting my first Tortise switch and still adding the woodlands foam roadbed.

here is the first Tortise switch machine installed. The black plastic piece is black mirror from e-bay (extra left over stuff I had from other projects) This worked very well. I got the idea from MRR magazine. This way the switch machine is right under the road bed.

Back