Another new guy on the block

lginc

That FM guy
hey all! i found this forum about a week ago, and have been checking it out since. really looks GREAT! i love all the pics on here, seems like a real visual site. i love to see other peoples work, and like to post pics of mine. i reconize some of you on here from another forum, GLAD to see you guys here! i live in beloit,WI home of Fairbanks-Morse built engines.;) :D i collect Fairbanks engines in HO & N scale. i have a small N layout in my apartment(no scenics). my dad(67) and i(40), have two nice layouts we built in his basement, about two miles from my apartment. the N"empire" DC 8'x20', mostly UP 80-today, and an HO switching layout DCC 2'x12', mostly CNW 50-69. both layouts are 90% complete. UP, CNW and Milwaukee road are the roads i'm into. you all seem like a great bunch of guys, hope i can fit in.:) thanks. -Dean

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard!!
I also model the Milwaukee road in HO scale. Currently working on a 14' by 22' E type layout. Portage to Tunnel City Wisconsin in the 1950's. Great to see another Wisconsinite onboard!!
:eek:

THANKS! Andy. sure am GLAD to meet you.:D i dont find many that model the Milwaukee road, nice to find someone else that does.;):D

Hello Dean, I was reading your post then realised I had read something similar about your layouts at your Dads on MR yesterday.

Welcome aboard!!

Ken.

Welcome! It's a great group of guys here. Don't hesitate to ask questions, and please don't hesitate to post pictures of the layouts :D. As you alreadly mentioned, we like pictures, and this forum software makes it easy to add them to your posts. If you need help we can point you towards a thread with instructions.

I'm not very familiar with Fairbanks-Morse. The name sounds familiar, but to be honest I never connected it with locomotives until I listed about 15 N scale H15-44's and H16-44's in my store this past weekend. Neat little things. I'll be looking forward to some history lessons too :D

Welcome to the forum i am new myself, great to find people into the milwaukee road. I model in HO and hope to build a layout of the Milwaukee 12th sub from tacoma wa to morton wa in the early 70's.

Hi Dean and welcome! I've chatted with you a few times on the "big forum" but never knew your REAL name until now - mystery solved!:D

Welcome aboard, Dean. Glad to see you here. Kick back and enjoy the discussion.

I think it's really cool that you and your Dad model RR together. That's the way the world's supposed to work. :)

you all seem like a great bunch of guys, hope i can fit in. thanks. -Dean
We are, and you can! :D
Hi Dean and welcome aboard, were glad to have you. To fit in all you have to do is take part in the discussions. BTW pictures of engines are nice, we like them too so when you have time post some photos of your collection.
Take care and enjoy the forums
13.gif
Willis

NP DAN said:
Welcome to the forum i am new myself, great to find people into the milwaukee road. I model in HO and hope to build a layout of the Milwaukee 12th sub from tacoma wa to morton wa in the early 70's.

Welcome to you too!! Nice to have you here.

Ken.

Welcome Dean and NP Dan! You are very correct in assuming there are a good bunch of guys/gals on this forum. I think you will find it to be much more relaxed than other forums and the skills of the members are from beginner through mastercraftsman. Enjoy and post!

sushob said:
I'm not very familiar with Fairbanks-Morse...

There is some opposition to their diesel engines.
(We'll see who's the first FM fan to explain that one...)

Obviously, they're a great choice for scale models. ;)

Oh ya, were all a great bunch of guys:) Welcome to the forums and post alot!
If you have any questions feel free to ask any one of us.
Chris

WOW! this is GREAT! i know some of you guys, RexHea, KenLarson, grande man(you know i ALWAYS follow your posts, you do AWSOME work), and NZRMac(Ken), i am sure i know you, the new zealand seems familiar. i hope i didnt miss anyone i know.:D for those i just met, THANK YOU!, VERRY glad to meet you all.;) :D i REALLY think i'm going to like it here.:) those that know me know i am NOT contravertial,(not always a great speller either.LOL) and i only post to things i am pretty darn sure of, or if i feel strongly about something. well i'm off to read posts and post some threads myself. THANKS!:D -Dean

lginc said:
grande man(you know i ALWAYS follow your posts, you do AWSOME work)

What the heck! Honey, did you dry my hat in the dryer or something??? The darn thing won't fit! It's to small! :D :D :D

Thanks for the nice comment. There's many here that I couldn't hold a candle to though. Look around, you'll see some fantastic work. Have you seen "The Gorge" Rex just finished? Wow! There are many others too.

modelbob said:
There is some opposition to their diesel engines.
(We'll see who's the first FM fan to explain that one...)
LOL, thats right modelbob. the oppostion is Fairbanks-Morse made and used the opposed piston engines. the pistons in the prime movers were vertical, above and below each other. those that worked on them often called them the "opie".;) grande man, CRIPES! your RIGHT, RexHea's layout is truly AWSOME!:eek: as is ALL of the people that posted in the weekend photo thread.;) :D kinda feel intimadted about posting pics of the N and HO layouts now.:eek: i posted a couple pics in the "proper post" thread. some of you that know me have seen two of them(sorry), but they are a couple of my favorites i have now. -Dean

Welcome

Welcome Aboard Sir. I too am new to this forum,and so far I am having a blast. I think you will enjoy it here. What roads do you model? I primarily model L&N,Southern,and Seaboard Airline.I have chosen the era from 1955 to 1965,with a slight stretch to the very early seventies.No layout yet,but any day now.Glad to have you here Dean,so sit back,and enjoy the ride.:) William.

thanks L&N Castle, and welcome to you too.:) i model in N-mostly UP, with CNW and Milwaukee road(80-today). in HO-mostly CNW, with UP and Milwaukee road(50-69). hey, i gotta get ALL three roads i like in on the layouts. i just think of it as "barrowed" motive power.;) :D

OMG! i just finished looking at the weekend threads and the show off threads, and i am STRONGLY thinking i need to get back to working on the layouts.:eek: you guys are GOOOOOD.;) this is the kind of stuff that really inspires me to try and do BETTER than my best.;) thanks for sharing, -Dean

Back