Another for Grande Man

Hi,

I thought your post and photos of the Great Smokey Mountain Railway were really interesting. So much so, that we have decided to take a view days in May and see it for ourselves, and then go over to Spencer to the Transportation Museum. Neither of which we have ever visited. My question is, do you have any recommendations as to what we should or should not do, to make our little trip even more enjoyable?

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom. I'm glad you enjoyed the GSMRR thread. I'm going to get them an advertising bill in the mail...:D

As for the trip you're planning, there's plenty to do in that area but I'm not sure what you're into. Everything from rafting, mountain bikes and hiking to shopping and dining out is available. We stayed in Dillsboro, but Bryson City would be great as well. Think about trying one of the bed and breakfast inns. That adds a neat twist to your stay.

As for the RR, don't forget to reserve a box lunch on the train. Also, a visit to the shops area in Dillsboro is fun. Stop by the office and talk with whoever is on duty. They'll ask you to fill out a release form before you look around.

Don't forget to visit the museum and model RR store by the depot in Bryson City. ;)

Have fun and post pics!

I'm going to get them an advertising bill in the mail...:D

Hmmmm! you'd better donate the proceeds to Bob or you're libel to get canned for advertising. :eek: :D :D
smiley-cheers.png
Willis

Tom,

When you visit Spencer, you should plan $$$$ for the visit to the Little Choo Choo Shop. It is across the street from the museum. The museum at Spencer is very nice.

Glenn

Back