Andersley Kits NTTX Spine Car

CP9302

Having been bitten by the model railroad bug, I finally got around to finishing this kit. I regret not taking any photos for the kit while I was building it, but there is a very indepth pictoral on assembling the car on the web site.
This is a model of a container only spine car built for TTX. It is also very similar to a car used by CPR, which is who I painted the car for.
The kit is made from etched brass and cast pewter. The brass pieces need to be soldered together, so some soldering experience is needed, but not much. The pewter castings are beautiful. There is very little flash to remove and the pieces fit together well. The modeller must provide trucks, couplers, paint and decals to complete the kit.
If you are interested in checking out Andersley Kits go here:
http://www.andersleykits.co.uk/HO_home.html

I've got the 53' AP spine, and you can use CA to build it if your soldering is iffy. I started building by soldering, but found the CA to work better & easier.

I have yet to fold the wheel wells, and paint/decal that cars.

you would be looking at around $90 give or take a bit to allow for exchange rate fluctuations, one thing to note the shipping cost from here to the continent would be quite a bit

What's the Cdn or US price on these? Website only gives British pounds...:confused:

Nicely done cars, BTW. :)
Huh... you used to be able to type "$47.50 GBP to CDN" (or USD) and get the conversion, but, its not working...

Good to see one of my NTTX kits finished in CP Rail - makes a change from yellow! :)

Sorry about the omission of a currency converter on the website, when I moved the HO items from my previous Alan Curtis Models site, I missed it off. I will add it now. A good currency converter is http://www.xe.com/

Thanks Josh. I was on here previously, but after a house move and two new computers, I could not get logged in, so started again with a new screen name. ;)

Welcome back to the forum Alan. Thanks for making such a great kit.

Are you still developing the Triple 57' / Six 28' spine car?

Not done any work on the TTRX yet (still not decided), but am working on the CAD for a 68ft DODX flat car. My N scale kit of this car was a huge seller, and I have been asked for it in HO several times so thought I would give it a try before I finally retire.

Sweet, I can't wait to get a few!

CP9302, we have another member who's working on 53' & 57' spine kits...

Man, those kits take some effort! I for one actually like the detailed kits. Intermountain and P2K kits don't scare me, but they go for cheap at the train shows.

Yuppers, but they're awesome. I still have yet to get myself a container only spine, and to finish the 53' AP spine.

Hi Alen,

Your Car's are great!!!

I just finishet the 3th Set!!

ahk.sized.jpg

ahl.sized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there Catt! Didn't know you were on here. It comes to us all eventually Jonathan :D Besides, I may now have time to do something for myself ;)

Actually Alan I'm just jealous because I have 4 more years to go,but by then I'll have a very healthy pension plus Social Security to get by on.:D

By the way I have another HO layout in the planning stages to be built in that retirement.:D

Of course it will be a Grande Valley layout.It will be about a third the size of the N scale layout.

Back