ANALOG Sound for N Scale...respectively HOn30.....

ckj6900

Hi,
is there a Sound System one can install in ANALOG ENGINES without converting to DCC.....
Thanks
Chris

Many (most?) of the sound decoders on the market today can be operated in DC mode. One just has to get used to controlling the train from 1/2 throttle to full throttle.

Further, on the used market one can still find PFM sound systems (steam only) or PBL sound systems that are designed for DC. One of the PFM units actually has the DC power controller built in.

I should have added check the manual of the specific decoder to be certain its capabilities.
Hi,
I think I found the solution! Searching for the PFM unit, I came across the KATO Soundtraxx Sound box.
This system is perfect for the size layout and engines I am using. It even allows external speakers to be added. Which in my case I can hide in the terrain. I already plan a speaker in the Quarry area for the sound of the excavator and air drill....powered by a sound chip a friend of mine will record for me. For this I found the perfect sound on you tube. Cable excavator, Air Drill...and occasionally interrupted by the blasting sound.
Now adding the Diesel Engine Sound will bring it to life.
The layout is not very big, only 102 CM by 62 CM..40 X 24.5 inches tunnels in the back, quarry in the center.....
The engines are N Scale engines Converted to HOn30....here is one of them...not quite finished...and an other one...
Thank you again for your help. It came at the right time so I can plan for the speakers to be added in to the scenery.
Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_1200.jpg
    IMG_1200.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1691 copy.jpg
    IMG_1691 copy.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1747.jpg
    IMG_1747.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 200