an un-named industry in process of detailing in HO

Lab Rat

19 and crazy
I started building a kit that i recently bought as part of a larger grouping of items on ebay. i am going to put a complete interior fully detailed inside this building even thought no one will ever see it lol
here is a few pics tell me what you think.
this is a large section of the floor and the materials used to weather it
l_ff2fae0050bb4353852f75fb10773f27.jpg

l_cc9823ae25e9443b963994de902f13ff.jpg

this is the steps coming out of the office and the washroom in the corner
l_ee074c13860e42948c8819c326bda2a1.jpg

this is the stairwell detail that no one will ever see once i install it. keep in mind this section is only half an inch tall
l_dda8061f1911436b88c471ac9d360cda.jpg

to continue my pics

closeup of the washroom floor i am still waiting for the glue and stain to dry so i can cut off the excess and restain the ends of the boards
l_3aa5378c3f754401bf2cef6fd83f0235.jpg

here is both halves of the floor set in place i set a loco in the bay to give a size reference
l_0f8bd9ba289d48c69882194f980cd7fc.jpg

i still have to bridge the gap between the two sections of floor but i will do that after i paint the interior i also have to do some trim work on the ends to make it fit properly

Looks pretty to me mate, i guess it's made from sheet metal and soldered, whatever it'll look cool when it's done ;)

it will definately be put somewhere it can be seen. right now its the project of the month for me

Lab-Rat - Execellent work! Curious, any idea about the origin of that kit? I don't recall ever seeing anything like it out of tin.

Nice job on the floor and steps. The kit looks like the old Suydam Day & Night Water Heater Co. I have one partially built but never finished. The kit originally came with several short wooden dowels to paint white so they resembled water heater tanks and an assortment of shapes to be built into rolling machines and other machinery found in that type of a building.

Just as Louis Marx was the master of tinplate, Ed Suydam was the master of steel building kits.

sections or all of the roof will be removable cause it will be showed off lol. mike you are right it is the same kit you have mine just didnt come with the extra goodies i got it as part of a larger auction on ebay i didnt even know i was getting it. today i glued the floor into the building and started installing paneling on the walls cause i wouldnt know what other color to put on the inside other then wood but it is looking great hopefully after work tomorrow i can get some updated pictures on.
i just got an idea i think i will use this building as a branch of the postal service such as ups where the packages come in off the train and get shipped out via truck and vice versa. btw i used elmers white glue to attach the wood to the metal lol

Jamie, I just checked and the building was sold separately from the interior as 2 separate items. That may be why yours didn't include any inside details. My building kit is marked $6.75 and the interior kit is marked $2.75. Of course that was many moons ago!! Suydam was also big into traction and imported several brass trolleys and interurbans, mostly Pacific Electric types. I have 2 PE "Blimps" and a Hollywood car by them.

Thought about detailing the interior of a building .. and then putting it right on the edge of the bench-work .. with the bench-work edge cutting through the building .. basically a sectional view. Think if done right that would be pretty cool.

Thought about detailing the interior of a building .. and then putting it right on the edge of the bench-work .. with the bench-work edge cutting through the building .. basically a sectional view. Think if done right that would be pretty cool.

One of the elevators that I'm working on is designed to be seen as if it was cut in half. This would be a fun little project for sure:)

that would be pretty cool but i wont be doing that with this one but since you mention it i will have to try it at some point.

yesterday i found this it is totally off subject but i want to build one. i found it in a link in someones signature so i cant take credit for the photos.
http://rbdhd.t35.com/photosMOW/index.htm

sorry i didnt get the pics on last night like i said i would i totally crashed in the dogs bed last night while i wa watching tv lol.

but anyhow here is the newest pics of my building

here is the beginning of the skirt on the other side of the rail car bay
l_f2ae6e15387c4028b674a4a291ae4efc.jpg

here is the corner where two walls and the floor meet its a little bright but you get the idea its a little darker in person
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/132/l_13020fe34bdf44598f3fed681b6bcaf1.jpg

here is the whole floor in the building it looks like i need to match the weathering a little bit
l_24049b357de34fb189cf4ff21e26308d.jpg

here is the final layer of the skirt its a little blurry cause i had to look through the window of my building to take the picture
l_16d6a782b814452d8a29dc93fb675323.jpg

Back