An LDE for a shelf layout

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
For laughs and giggles, here's my layout LDE if I can make it work on a 3 x 6 table. These are shots of the town I live in from 1938 aerial photos. I've labeled all the buildings I've been able to identify so far. This is the PRR. The B&O is 3 1/2 blocks west. NO interchange (Dang)

The solid line from the words Passenger & Freight Station is where I think the combination station should be. However, I'm not 100% sure they were combined. The dotted line goes to something that looks suspiciously like a passenger station and would give reason for the track there that stops just beyond it.

I've seen cars parked on the upper siding marked un-identified while right now there only seems to be two cars in the photo one on the spur and the other next to the station. Next Sanborn maps.

Indiana1938.gif

:)

Chip,

What scale are you planning to use for this - N? I wouldn't know how to fit all of that on a 3x6 surface in HO.

And I suppose you'll have external staging; where does the Pennsy main line enter and exit the module?

HO.

I don;t expect to get much in. I'm hoping from Stewart's Hardware (Owned by Jimmy's Dad) to the Engine Terminal. I was going to try to draw it up tonight, but I got stuck in a novel.

This is a dead end for the PRR. It enters from the bottom at about 5 o'clock. I'm not sure how I will work in staging. I have planned all along to have the lead a fold-down leaf. I may do th same with staging as I think the tracks are 3 wide going off the bottom of the picture.

Maybe you should try putting this on XtrkCAD so you'll get some idea what can fit. I'm sure the loco service facility and the depot are keepers, since they pretty much define it as a branch line terminus.

Yeah, but Jimmy Stewart's Hardware is the signature element. Like you said, I need to lay it out and see what fits. I also need to identify the mystery tracks. My guess is that automobiles are off loaded there. In one photo, I saw several cars on one of those sidings.

IT's looking more and more doable--if it fits. I need to lay it out. I said that already. It's late.

Back