An ATSF Kadee boxcar (HO)

Yannis

Hi all,

I recently finished work on a Kadee boxcar. It has been painted with Tamiya/Alclad2 paints. I used Microscale decals. The boxcar has been weathered using salt-weathering for the roof and enamels for the sides. I hope you like it and thank you very much in advance for your time and replies.

Yannis

BX57w1.JPGBX57w2.JPGBX57w5.JPG

Looks great,nice to see weathered equipment.So many times I see videos of nice looking layouts and shiny cars and engines.Kinda spoils the look for me.

Looks great and I like the "Clean' area for the reporting info. The weathering isn't over done....just right.

Greg

Thank you all for the very encouraging feedback! I was aiming for a late 60s condition (built in 1950) based on prototype photos of the same class of cars in the same era (or later with extrapolation). Working now on some NP boxcar projects.

I recently finished work on a Kadee boxcar. It has been painted with Tamiya/Alclad2 paints. I used Microscale decals. The boxcar has been weathered using salt-weathering for the roof and enamels for the sides.

Great weathering. I find it interesting that you used Alclad2, I presume for the roof, as well as Tamiya for the rest of the car. Again, great job.

Boris

Thank you for the kind words. Yes i used Alclad2 shades for the roof only. In particular 2-3 colors/mixes with salt weathering in order to get the galvanized steel effect/look.

Back