Amtrak California Locomotive

Scale?

For HO, Athearn makes F59PHIs. Atlas makes Dash 8-32BHWs Walthers makes Amtrak California Superliners. The talgo train was made a while ago, can't remember the manufacturer, but it's no longer in production.

The Talgo was made by ER-Models. I think I might have an Amtrak California loco like that but from an older run where you had to add the handrails and paint them.

I have one. I guess I got lucky, when I was at my LHS (Caboose Hobbies) in Denver. They used to have a bunch of them, back in Feb-Mar. But they have been scarce since then.

I couldn't even find one on ebay just now.

Good luck, hope you find one. I like mine. I'm also gonna the the West Coast Express one soon.

Google Tom's Trains and give them a call. I believe they are from Connecticut. They may be willing to ship. They have a large stock of many out-of-production items and their prices can't be beat.

The F59PHIs ARE still in production but I don't think they are making the Amtrak california scheme. Athearn has been releasing F59PHIs with MP36 paint schemes because Athearn said that the foobies are good stand-ins.

I found them at www.thewhistlestop.com
They are in California but they have them for sure. Scrolled through 10 pages of google and then found a link to them on a different website. Thanks to all who tried to help though.

Back