American Freedom Train.......

Johnny, you can certainly be proud of your work, be it displayed publicly or on the "Best of the Best" in Model Railroading.
I can't imagine what is left to do, but I'm sure it will be as spectacular.;) :)

Ah Rex, good to see your still going strong! You know better than most the fun one gets from sharing the work we do. Thank You!!

Johnny

we have patches of green and bits of sludge and some dirt:D thanks for asking, roll on spring.

Ken.

Back To the Train!!

Well, it's that time of the year. And after a long, unplanned break from building, the ShowTrains shops are busier than ever. Most of the heavy client orders are done so now I can get back to work on my train.

The AFT had 10 concession wagons. They were used to sell tickets, concessions and storage purposes. This is one of the drop side types.

View attachment 10355

Here is a storage wagon.

View attachment 10356

The 10 wagons awaiting paint.

View attachment 10357

More to come......

Johnny

AFT Showcase car # 41

In a previous post, I had spotlighted the # 40 showcase car containing the Liberty Bell, Route Map and Lunar Rover. The train had two of these cars and this will follow building the # 41 car and it's contents. The car had three displays, a horse-drawn fire pumper, a 1904 Oldsmobile and a "grasshopper" type, small steam engine of B & O heritage. The fire pumper and steam engine have to be scratchbuilt, while the Olds is from a Jordan Models kit.

Here are early shots of the fire pumper. A few more details will be added before paint.

View attachment 10358

View attachment 10359

More to come........

Johnny

Hey Johnny - great to see you're still active with mrr. If those fire wagons look that good at this early stage, I can't wait to see them finished!

Hiya Johnny! Glad to see you back in the saddle and gettting back to your outstanding work. -Thanks Rex. I've been keeping up with some of the stuff. Amazed at the growth here!

dito Johnny, good to have you back in the saddle againAnd a big HELLO to you steve! Nice looking posts.

Hey Johnny - great to see you're still active with mrr. If those fire wagons look that good at this early stage, I can't wait to see them finished!Well Ken, let me just say, you floored me with some of your postings. Man that is some kick-@$$ work!!

Thanks to All for the warm welcome.

Johnny

AFT Showcase Car # 41

Well the pumper is finally done and ready to be placed. And the early B & O "grasshopper" style steam engine is complete as well. Both of these were scratchbuilt. The toughest was the steamer as other than the wheels, it was carving, cutting and creating a great deal. The only thing left for the car is the 1904 Olds and it's drying now. It is built from a Jordan Models kit.

View attachment 10471

View attachment 10472

All for now, Happy Modeling....

Johnny

Johnny, I haven't had a chance to see your work before this since the thread was inactive for so long. Very nice modeling of the pumper, grasshopper, and circus train. I've always like circus train models but have never gotten up the energy (or nerve) to get started on one.

Johnny, I haven't had a chance to see your work before this since the thread was inactive for so long. Very nice modeling of the pumper, grasshopper, and circus train. I've always like circus train models but have never gotten up the energy (or nerve) to get started on one.

Thanks Jim, The circus cars in the backround are to be stripped and re-painted into a Ringling train that is in the works. Tedious work, but the rewards(comments) make it seem worthwhile.

Johnny

Back