American Flyer S gauge

Doc

Rivarossi Doc
Greetings, I was wondering if there are other hobbyist here that collect A.C. Gilbert trains, or do servicing, restoring, upgrade or doing reproductions of them? I know that doing so might date me but for me I have not gotten over that 1954 Christmas morning when I saw that 283 Pacific 4-6-2 circling the tree. I think that was the first time that our three wise men hade a ride in the 931 gondola car.
Doc'
A few.jpg
Restored 322.jpg

I have quite a bit of non-working Lionel stuff that I was planning to restore - and I have my MARX 999 loco and 4 car set that I received in 47-48. I still run it around the tree each year.

Looks like you have a very nice collection there!

I was wondering if there are other hobbyist here that collect A.C. Gilbert trains,
I had a start of a pretty good collection of AF in the early 1970s. Everyone else seemed to be dumping it a garage sales so I was picking up things. I believe I had a pre-war 4-6-2, two post war 4-6-2, a couple of Atlantics, and three of the really cheapo early 1960s 4-4-0s. I had a mix of the three types of couplers. BUT My train collecting AF and Lionel got too large and my mother forced me to sell it all at a garage sale. :-(

Back