All My Modified Alco FA's get to play on the 4x8 hill climb

afleetcommand

Sometimes just have to "know" how they perform one relative to the next, so a compilation of runs mixing and matching the different "modified" Lionel "Sheet metal Framed" ALCO FA's Some pull better than others. In a later video I'll go back and "enhance" the low performers.... but they ALL did better than the "stock" configuration A dummy A or A dummy B units. :) And the layout is a work in process with hopefully quit a few cosmetic upgrades soon. . Wanted to have a hill climb, but space limited to a 4 x 8 plywood floor print for now :( It's getting rewired and the wire placement re-thought out now...a sharp eye will cee why :)

Cast Of Characters, not necessarily in the order the appear:
Lionel Alco "A - A" Both Powered Set controlled by one "e-unit" , Working towards a Lehigh Valley Color Scheme
Lionel Alco 211 Texas Special "A-A" Set, One "Stock", Dummy "A" modified with MPC era Powered Chassis
Lionel Alco 8252 Delaware & Hudson Stock "A" - Stock Unpowered Dummy "B" with A Modified powered "A" , Modified to allow "trailing" A for a "A-B-A" set
Lionel Alco 217 Boston & Main "A - Modified B" Where both A & B Units are tweaked, the "B" now powered with a Magnatraction Power Truck
Lionel Alco 232 New Haven FA, My first electric train, left stock other than repairs to restore it to running condition.

Modified "Variac" AC Power Supply w/ Volt & Amp meters along with limiting to 20v power & 10 amp output. ( 2000 watt, 20amp, at 130 v capable beast )
Modified Marx 1859 150 watt ( 10 amp capable ) transformer.

Last edited:

Back