Alabama Rail Gang (ARG) Meet 12/09/06

RexHea

RAIL BENDER
Well, it has almost been a year since we started our traveling MR club and boy have we had some fun. It sure has been nice to meet fellow modelers, enjoy the friendship, and be able to see the skills of others.

I would like to invite all to come over to where we started, at my Depot on Saturday, December 9, 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Lunch will be provided (fresh roadkill possum, chit'lins, gator tails, cracklin bread) and hopefully, a very good time. I have yet to get a structured operating system going, but there is plenty of track to run and places to go. We will just have to use verbal signaling:eek: :D . Please bring your throttles and feel free to bring your favorites. I have plenty of locos if you would rather use mine.

Please spread to others that may not read this and Eric, if you will be so kind as to contact Mr. May and (sorry, can't think of his name) - the helicopter mechanic. Carey, please pass on to Scott, Glenn, William, and Jimmy just in case I don't get an email off to them.

Let me know your soonest if you will be able to make it. You can count on this date regardless of rain, sleet, snow or shine.;)

EDIT: Oh, this invitiation is to include all that may pass through the area. How about it Jos, Steve, Ken, Fergie? ha!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there Rex but only in spirit like Ken, i will have to get a fast boat to cross the pond

All of you distant "honorary ARGers" need to move over here. We'll take the place over and set up the model railroading capitol of the free world. :D

Well, if I start walking now... :rolleyes:

We (the "honorary ARGers") will allow you to hold the meeting without us on one condition: you post lots of pictures for us afterwords :)

Well, if I start walking now... :rolleyes:

We (the "honorary ARGers") will allow you to hold the meeting without us on one condition: you post lots of pictures for us afterwords :)

Your condition is granted. Grandeman has volunteered to be the day's photographer.;) :D

Can't wait to see the photos also. Will be there in spirit also .Will not head south till after the New Year !!!

Its great to have so many members from an area, cause these get together's are awesome to read.

Invitation

I just read your invitation Rex!.I want to thank you for that!! It is great that fellow modelrailroaders meet each other at the place/home of one of them and and talk/discus about this great hobby!
But alas I cannot be there at the 9 of december because the rowing boat I could borrow from my back- neighbour has te be repaired:mad: and that will take some time. If it was already fixed, it would take me another 6 weeks :eek: to get there( Maybe I could pick up Steve B :D :D on my way via England to you and than it will take only 4 weeks to get there :) :) at the other side of the pond(s)LOL:D ;) :D So I/we'll aways be too late!!:mad:
Just like the other guys. I am looking forward to see the pictures of this great event organised by you Rex!

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok count me in too, Jos keep rowing mate and pick me up:D

One other condition you AGRers send me some of that yummy food you guys always eat.:rolleyes: ;) :p

Ken.

Heck Jos, if you would swim across the creek to Steve's place, borrow a neighbors fishing boat, you could go over an pick Ken up and make it in time for the next ARG meet. Only problem is that Steve may not leave NZ once he is there.:D :D

Ken, I believe that shipping the food may not be a good idea. However, I will be glad to serve and eat your food in proxy:p . Right now I am thinking we will have barbeque with baked beans, potato salad, good bread, and my wife's speciality...'Apple Dapple' cake, guaranteed to make your clothes shrink:D .

I'll know when you've eated then, Baked beans!!!! I guess that depends on the wind direction.

Don't eat to much for me I have to swim home:D

Have a great time.

Ken.

Rex, Ray and Mr May are planning to be there. I've also got a new guy named Lee that will probably come. He's about to build a large layout. The theme? Birmingham District! He's been taking pics on Red Mountain for 40 years, so I've got alot to talk with him about... :D

ARG guys:
This time I would like for you to turn in front of my house and park in one of the two drives in front of my Depot/garage. If necessary, park in the yard by the drive. Just go through the gate and around to the side door of the Depot. I think this will be easier access.;)

Eric, that is good news and Lee is very welcome. :)

Back