Advice on HO scale crossing bucks

Tommy Bruner

I am creating a static diorama for the circa 1967 Union Pacific City Of Denver/City Of Portland. It consists of a shelf display 10 feet long and 1 foot deep, with several lighted buildings and street lights. The train will not move. I want to include flashing crossbucks.
Are there any simple ones I can install that will not require detecting like infrared, that I can just wire into my general power with reasonably simple circuitry?

I would check with Azatrax to see if one of John's modules will do that. He probably has a circuit that would do that, but all it would take would be one set of his IR detectors, probably under the train. But it might not be necessary. Check with him.

Thanks. But will they flash?

yes, the ones i was thinking of are from ebay, run about a dollar, and use a resistor / capacitor array, they flash approximately once per second, and alternatingly flash two leds [they can flash four leds] .. and run on around nine to twelve volts, search for 'cheap flasher kit'

Attachments

• flasher.JPG
    flasher.JPG
    604.9 KB · Views: 132
I have this crossing set by Busch:
1599736380461.gif

They come with a flashing module but no trigger circuit.
On my last layout I just had them wired to an on/off switch and had a signal maintainer standing at the cabinet to justify the constant lights. There’s no bell sound.

Back