Accurate Finishing INC.

WC3026

So I got some used rolling stock form a local modeler. in the mix there were 8 kits still in the box never touched. One of them is from Accurate Finishing INC. looks like a good piece but not instructions on how to put it together!!!! It is a GTW ACF 3 bay centerflow, would anyone by chance have a sheet for it they could email me a copy of? I looked online but could not find nothing.....

Great Timing! I just finished assembling two ACF kits (#1058) marked for ADM. If you check HOSeeker.org, click Literature, then Accurail, then McKean, then Hoppers, these are the instructions. Otherwise, I can PM you a copy of mine, although there are rust spots on them.

Just a side note, these were a chore to put together. They seem to be from old Front Range Product molds (see the FRP on the coupler covers) and all parts don't exactly fit well. The weight wasn't a perfect rectangle, so I had to grind it down some. The trucks were warped, so I had to pitch them. The holes for all the add on brake parts were too small and there is flash on many of the pieces. beprepared to file and sand a lot.

Len S

Back